egyptian railways (ENR)

mr_bnsf

thank you chris for your nice replay.i caught these pix in the city where i live and it take alot of work to get them accepted at railpictures.net

Partsman

I believe many of those EMD units were made at EMD's former division (General Motors of Canada, Diesel Division) in London, Canada. I worked there for 30 years until my retirement 5 years ago. I recognize some of the export model numbers.

faroukstan

Partsman said:
I believe many of those EMD units were made at EMD's former division (General Motors of Canada, Diesel Division) in London, Canada. I worked there for 30 years until my retirement 5 years ago. I recognize some of the export model numbers.

Hello Sir : The Philippine National Railways has commonality with the Egyptian National (?) Railway ?) in being user of GE locomotives, U-18 (PNR), C-18 (ENR). I read it somewhere that the export version of GE was produced in Canada. The model of this prototype is very rare (except that produced by Frateschi in HO) found in the modeling market. Sir Partsman, do you know where I could get scaled drawings of this loco for a possible scratchbuilding project.... Regards...

Sincerely,

Muhammad Farouk

To Mohamed : Greqat shots of great subjects... Regards..

Muhammad Farouk

faroukstan

Partsman said:

Hello Sir : The Philippine National Railways has commonality with the Egyptian National (?) Railway ?) in being user of GE locomotives, U-18 (PNR), C-18 (ENR). I read it somewhere that the export version of GE was produced in Canada. The model of this prototype is very rare (except that produced by Frateschi in HO) found in the modeling market. Sir Partsman, do you know where I could get scaled drawings of this loco for a possible scratchbuilding project.... Your assistance is very much appreciated ...Regards...

Sincerely,

Muhammad Farouk

To Mohamed : Great shots of great subjects... Regards..

Muhammad Farouk

mr_bnsf

thanks bill and mohamed farouk for the replay.
sir bill i like designing locomotives bodies and i sent before to EMD but no replay come to me.what can i do to get something that will help me in this field?
thanks again for the replays
mohamed

Partsman

I'm sorry, gentlemen (faroukstan and mr_bnsf), but since the company (EMD) has been sold to a different owner, and many of my older contacts have been 'retired', I am no longer in a position to give you any leads for the information that you require.

faroukstan

Partsman said:
I'm sorry, gentlemen (faroukstan and mr_bnsf), but since the company (EMD) has been sold to a different owner, and many of my older contacts have been 'retired', I am no longer in a position to give you any leads for the information that you require.

Very sad to hear about that, Sir Partsman! I'm just wondering why the well known model loco manufacturers (Athearn, LifeLike et al) never attempted to produce the export version of these GE U-locos (U5, U8, etc)..The only one I knew of is a Brazilian model railroad manufacturer FRATESCHI. I got their U-18 and U-5/8 (two of each) GE locos which I intend to dressed up in Philippine National Railways (for one of each) and in my freelanced model railroad emblazoned (on the side) with my avatar.... Thanks for the response....Keep well and best regards.... Sincerely,

Muhammad Farouk

krokodil

There is one drawing of the unit presented in the 50ies in Austria. I hope it helps. (This is very similar to Frateschi unit)

This is the GM unit (not GE).

Attachments

• GP12d.jpg
    GP12d.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 205

mr_bnsf

thanks ya all for the yours nice replays.
you mean by grating is what in the first pic over the control tower?
thanks again for ya all for the replays.
mohamed

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
mr_bnsf said:
...you mean by grating is what in the first pic over the control tower?
No, I noticed that too and wondered what they hey? Look at this photo... what are those for?

Attachments

• Egyptian railway.jpg
    Egyptian railway.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 195

mr_bnsf

oh you mean the those iron parts over the windows of the locomotive.
its for safety of the driver.as my be anybody throw anything on the locomotive and those iron parts make the driver safe from this.
just everybody can feel free to ask anything about egyptian railways and i will answer him if i know the answer.