Edmonton Train Show...

Parker

Sep 22, 2003
Edmonton Alberta
Visit site
It was the Edmonton Show I attended. I have been trying to locate some of my old stuff. Most of it did go when the layout was sold years ago. I do know there is at least a couple of locomotives left over, the challenge is finding them.

Regards

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
GMD-1s...

Speaking of stripey CN locos, a brass dealer had a lovely selection of pieces on display. Of note to me was a GMD-1 in the B-B truck arrangement, although I'm sure it was a good deal, $1200.00 seemed a little much. ;)

Attachments

• bb gmd1.jpg
    bb gmd1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 44

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Is This NEAT...Or What?

One of the regular exhibitors at this show is the Salmon Arm (B.C.) modell RR club. They have a huge, beautifully scenicked, very well detailed layout. It would literally take a week to upload all their pictures. Here is a mine tram that runs on N scale track.

Attachments

• mine tram.jpg
    mine tram.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 38

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Great Steve - thanks a lot for posting. When I was 16 our family took a car trip out west and the grain elevators (as well as those awesome prairie skies) are a very fond memory. Haven't been back that way in over 30 years - I bet a LOT has changed!

Personally I have a thing for those cylindrical covered hoppers! Too bad there were none in the era I model. But that CN greeen and gold livery is pretty excellent as you say.

There's just one more thing I need to ask. Got any more?? Don't worry - we won't get tired of them, will we guys?

cheers
Val