Edmonton Train Show...

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
The Edmonton train show was about twice as large as last year, and apparently, attendance was way up.

Here are a few pictures of what was to be found.

First, a Bachmann Shay in HO. First time I've seen one up close. Boy are they ever SLOW andSMOOTH. :)

Attachments

• bmann shay.jpg
    bmann shay.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 124

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Humour Well Represented...

As always, it seems that humour plays a part in most of the layouts on display. Here, a poor LPP farmer has run into a little trouble on baling day.

Attachments

• lpp in bale2.jpg
    lpp in bale2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 120

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Rooftop Detail...

Someone did a lovely job of detailing a block of buildings, as seen by the plethora of ducting, vents, and even chimney stacks. This was sitting right next to a block of completely undetailed buildings, and the difference was startling.

Attachments

• rooftop details.jpg
    rooftop details.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 105

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
I'll Wrap Up Now...

With this picture. I do have more, and will post if asked. There was a beautiful car-float dock, which I will post as a different thread, as well as a series of incredible scratchbuilt CN stations.

This last picture is a reminder to not overlook those inexpensive kits, as they can be quite passable when weathered. Here is an Atlas water tower. You know the one - clunky details, GARISH colours, but have a gander at this one.

Attachments

• atlas water tank.jpg
    atlas water tank.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 92

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Thanks, Steve. I didn't take my camera, but it was a *great* show.

One of the layouts also featured three of those neon signs that light up in success (C-A-F-E). Can't remember the company, but they've been advertising in MRR recently. They look really kewl, I'm gonna have to get some too.

(( As well, I picked up a truck there from Top Dog Models; see my Rock in Weatherford thread ))

Parker

Sep 22, 2003
Edmonton Alberta
Visit site
My better half had worked all night so I decided to get out of the way so she could sleep all day. I had remembered there was a model train show yesterday so I took it in, am I glad I did. It brought back a ton of memories. My parents had made / bought me a layout when I was a kid and I haven't thought about it in years. It was larger then a ping pong table, had roads, houses and street lights that lit up. Unfortonatly it had to be sold when we moved as it would not fit in the new house. Might be a good time to get back in to the hobbie.

Regards