Ed-209?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by wyverns4, Jul 23, 2006.

1. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Ed 209

Hey Zecks,

I'm really hoping you make your release date!! Cant wait to get this particular model.

Sincerely

Tom:grin:
  2. zecks

zecks Member

what ever happend to the original poster of this thread?
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Zecks he is still a posting member.............. maybe he is just watching and not posting.

john
  4. zecks

zecks Member

cool just making sure he is around to get one of these.

unfortunetly the arm joints WILL NOT work as originally planned due to them being placed at an angle on the body. Because of this the arms will move at an angle also.

[​IMG]
  5. zecks

zecks Member

i think i am going a little too hogwild with this battle damage i hope you guys dont mind

Attached Files:

6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

he he, now the toes look too clean again!

Russell
  7. zecks

zecks Member

because i havnt gotten to the toes yet lol
  8. zecks

zecks Member

here is damaged ed-209 almost done, completed the optional damaged arm part as promised needs some work on the other arm and toes and chin

Attached Files:

9. zecks

zecks Member

finished the feet.

Attached Files:

10. zecks

zecks Member

ok there is a bit of a problem and once again the deadline is today and due to unforscene problems im going to have to delay the model yet again. However the good news is that it will only be delayed a few more days. The model itself is complete im in the process of working on drawing the documentations and instructions for assembling the model. there will be 2 scales of models that this will come in.

One being the Horizon scale model. which will be Aprox. 10 to 11 inches tall. Same scale as the Horizon vynl model kit. Second being the 1/6 scale ED-209. with the 1/6 Scale the model will be Aprox 15 to 16 inches tall. Which is the same scale the the $200 Hot toys figure. The only skin that will be available for the 1/6 scale is the standard gunmetal. I will not have parts labled for the 1/6 scale, I strongly suggest you build the Horizon scale first before attempting the 1/6 version.

There is a problem with the foot that needs to be addressed. The foot base is a complex build. The way i see it, if i have to fiddle with a part after designing it to figure out how it goes together, its garbage. I am splitting up the foot base into 3 parts Right, Left, and Center. By having it split up it allows for not only an easier build but also a more stable and more supportive foot base. As it stands right now ( no pun intended) the foot base is relativley weak with no interrior support.

Attached Files:

11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Is that the redesign on your keyboard?

Looks pretty good!

john
  12. zecks

zecks Member

actualy no its not. the redesign will look exactly the same but it will be easier to build but will take a little longer due to the extra parts. the upside will be the support because the base needs to be as sturdy and durrable as possible. Im taking into the account of all of the mods that people will most likley do. So i want to have a good foundation to support that.
  13. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

you are a master zecks and i for one am looking forward to both these models. and thank you for your time and paitence in doing this for us scifi mecha fans.
    rob
  14. zecks

zecks Member

hey thanks alot but no master i am. You are welcome for the time and patience. originally it was a project i was going to blow through and be something just for my self. but i found this thread some how and learned i had a few fans out there so i thought it would be nice to dedicate this model to you guys here. thats when this thing really took off and starting looking halfway decent. i figure this should hold you guys over until someone makes a better one.
  15. zecks

zecks Member

here is what i have of the instructions so far

Attached Files:

16. zecks

zecks Member

finished urban camo skin

Attached Files:

17. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

This is just getting better and better.
  18. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Wow, that looks awesome, zecks!
    You are really on a roll!

Russell
  19. zecks

zecks Member

this thing is almost done. all i need to do is finish the instructions, organize the pdf file, make extra parts such as the longer knee braces and the damaged arm part, make the 1/6th scale. which the 1/6 may actualy turn out a little bigger. it is possible that i could get this large enough to be to scale with the 12 inch robocop. but doing this you may as well kiss your black ink and cardstock good bye. this is already aprox 30 pages. depending on what i get done tonight i may have it done by tomorrow.
  20. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

30 pages!!! Holy Moly!!!

I better get more ink now, especially since I want to do all the versions as well!

Russell