EBT locos

twilight

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest someplace I might turn up some EBT Mikados?(hon3) Or, some resources on scratchbuilding these locos? I would certainly love to try my hand at one of these!

Twilight

shamus

Registered Member
Hi and welcome to the gauge.
Jon Monon my co moderator is doing HOn30, he should be able to help you.
Shamus

DanRaitz

Hallmark imported some brass EBT 2-8-2's in the '80s (made by Samhongsa). They did locos #12, 14, 15, 16, 17 & 18, factory painted and unpainted. You can check with some of the used brass dealers or Ebay. Be prepared to pay a few hundred $$ for one :cry:

There is a drawing of EBT #16 in the Sept '61 Model Railroader and also #14/15 in the Nov '75 Railroad Model Craftsman
You can search for the location of more articles by going to http://index.mrmag.com/ just search under EBT 2-8-2.

enjoy

pjb

There are no plastic models of EBT power, save a resin doodlebug. Their trademark mikes and prairies have been made in fabricated brass models from the Orient in 'HO' scale. If you go to the WWWs for Mitchell's Family Store, the Caboose, and so forth , you will find them listed for resale.
I would suggest that you also familiarize yourself with the NARROW GAUGE & SHORT LINE GAZETTE , and it's advertizers that deal with EBT equipment. Several different hopper car prototypes are available as plastic kits, and Hoffman , who makes many EBT related articles, has produced EBT passenger cars.
Good-Luck, PJB

twilight

Thanks again! I've currently located 3 lokies out there on the web!(two Mikados & one Doodlebug) Which has been a surprise to me! But, they all cost about $500.00 apiece:cry: but, for right now, I have a wedding I have to pay for first! And then a house!

I was able to locate an article in an old NG&SL Gazette that appears to have an article in it on how to scratchbuild a Mikado from an MDC kit.(which I might not have found without this site!!!)
I hope to get the mag in the mail today!

So if you don't mind keep the info coming:)

pennsysdaddy

Hi, I'm a new member on here, of just about 20 minutes, and already I have a comment. You might contact Howard Zane, the owner of The Great Scale Model Train Show, held at Timonium,MD four times a year. If anyone out there in brass land can get any HOn3 Broad Top pieces, Howard can. Look up the Train Show on the web, they have a site, it's www.gsmts.com, and Howard's on it. Good luck with it.

Regards, Pennsysdaddy:wave:

Welcome Pennsy to The Gauge ......Twilight told you some one would help we have a good bunch of modelers on here too to Boot:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Rich