Ebay purchase last night.

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
I got a new powered GP38-2 Cr Quality from Athearn RTR for $37.44 last night. Sounded like a great deal to me!! I was happy! Im not sure how these new Athearns run but it looked really nice. It came from the hobby store up the street from me. The same model he has inside his store for 54.99. I think I got a pretty good deal!

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
green_elite_cab said:
RTR stuff runs great. I wouldn't be worried. especially if there is a problem, you can just walk right back up the street...
haha yeah that true. Hes only 9 mins from my house and 1 and a half minutes from my grandparents house where my layout is.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
NSES44DC, an Athearn RTR for $37.44, you bet thats a GREAT deal!:thumb: i have a couple Athearn RTR's and they run JUST FINE! though NOT the best engines i have, they are FAR from the worst.;) the detail on them is GREAT, and are good runners too!:thumb: you done good!:D -Deano

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
Well i definately believe its a good buy. My old athearn blue box geeps run good still and they are the oldest engines i have. My P2k runs excellent. I cant wait for this engine to arrive. Im hoping I win this auction on three undec. geeps from the athearn bb. Id be happy. They were exactly what i was looking for!

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
Yeah, i just seen two more advertised for 49 and 54 each..so you know your prices and i got one heck of a steal!! I hope I win the bid on three unpowered Athearn bb undec Gp's. Not listed what geeps they are but they look like at least GP40-60. I will decorate them into a few of the schemes that i want to see on my road like the up, kcs,and cp.

LongIslandTom

Apr 8, 2006
Long Island, NY
Sweet! Can't have too many Geeps, I always say.

That CP GP38-2 will be a good challenge to do if you want a really Canadian-looking unit.. Nose-mounted headlights, cab-mounted bell, the really unique handrail bends at the pilots, rectangular sand filler hatches, etc.

Hope you post photos when you are done! :thumb:

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
LongIslandTom said:
Sweet! Can't have too many Geeps, I always say.

That CP GP38-2 will be a good challenge to do if you want a really Canadian-looking unit.. Nose-mounted headlights, cab-mounted bell, the really unique handrail bends at the pilots, rectangular sand filler hatches, etc.

Hope you post photos when you are done! :thumb:

Yeah, i know. Ill see if im willing to take the time to get it going or change to a different road like the DRGW, sp or cnw. I really like CP units though.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
yeah, my parents hate Ebay. I can't ever think of a time where it has screwed anyone i know over, but they are always afraid its a trick auction, so they never use ebay excpet for rare occaisions.

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
well i won my 3 geeps! All undec. and dummys since i dont have the luxury of dcc. athearn blue box ones. nice with all the parts included. 26.00! I think thats not bad price either! Oh and Truck lover, you suck! haha I bid on that same one! lol congrats bro!

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
:wave: Hi Jeff,

I guess I got pretty lucky on that one, I was shocked cause my bid held for I think almost 2 days. How come you didn't bid on it again?

O and did you see the other BNSF 1, it was in the Red/Silver colors and it sold for I think $41.00. Was that you who won it?

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
No I didnt win that one. I just won the three Geeps. I got my Gp38 CR Quality today! I love it. I havent got to run it but the detailing is nice. It will look great heading my mixed freight outta the yard and onto the mainline with the assistance of other geeps!

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
I received my three Gp60's today via UPS. They are great. Hand wheel brake style. dynamic brakes. two are phase 1 and one is phase two by athearns. I love them. Cant wait to detail and figure out what three roads will recieve these engines.

LongIslandTom

Apr 8, 2006
Long Island, NY
You can always paint one of them up in EMD's snappy blue-and-white GP60 demonstrator scheme.. That GP60 will look prototypical running on any railroad. :thumb:

Or... You can actually convert one of those GP60s pretty easily to Norfolk Southern's GP59 #4610, which wears that green Southern tuxedo scheme. Very sharp looking Geep!

scan0032.jpg