Ebay Pirate Alert!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by 57townsman, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Okay how about a link to the complaints section?

edit: Mark beat me by one minute

second edit: Just logged my complaint with ebay let's see what shakes loose.
  2. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Okay how about a link to the complaints section?

edit: Mark beat me by one minute

second edit: Just logged my complaint with ebay let's see what shakes loose.
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I reported also!
    I think everyone here who reads this needs to go file a complaint.
    This guy really turns my stomach.

Russell
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I reported also!
    I think everyone here who reads this needs to go file a complaint.
    This guy really turns my stomach.

Russell
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

lol eVILBAY...
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

lol eVILBAY...
  7. charliec

charliec Active Member

I noticed one of the models in this compilation was Ralph Currell's H.G.Wells ironclad. I've e-mailed Ralph inviting him to complain about this pirate to eBay. Ralph is quite explicit on his site that any use of his models without his permission is prohibited.

Regards,

Charlie
  8. charliec

charliec Active Member

I noticed one of the models in this compilation was Ralph Currell's H.G.Wells ironclad. I've e-mailed Ralph inviting him to complain about this pirate to eBay. Ralph is quite explicit on his site that any use of his models without his permission is prohibited.

Regards,

Charlie
  9. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Just for interest, yesterday I reported an auction selling an MP3 collection on CD-Rs and that has already been withdrawn. It seems that Ebay (UK at least) do take steps to protect copyright.
  10. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Just for interest, yesterday I reported an auction selling an MP3 collection on CD-Rs and that has already been withdrawn. It seems that Ebay (UK at least) do take steps to protect copyright.
  11. Clashster

Clashster Member

I reported the items as being on recordable media (against eBay policy unless the seller can prove they are the copyright holder)... Probably won't make a difference, but if they get twenty or fifty reports, they may have to do something about it!

Chris
  12. Clashster

Clashster Member

I reported the items as being on recordable media (against eBay policy unless the seller can prove they are the copyright holder)... Probably won't make a difference, but if they get twenty or fifty reports, they may have to do something about it!

Chris
  13. mr.gold

mr.gold New Member

eBay doesn't care

eBay specifically doesn't care. I have been through the rounds with them before. Unless you hold the copyright they claim that you cannot complain. I have anyway.

The only way of stopping this is suiing eBay. eBay makes too much money off of this illegal activity. When I complained about this activity before, eBay retaliated by shutting down my account...check out my name, mr.gold, on ebay...I am no longer a registered user. Do you want your account shut down?

I think that I am going to file a complaint with the ACLU. I do not have the bread to take on eBay. The ACLU, on the other hand???
  14. mr.gold

mr.gold New Member

eBay doesn't care

eBay specifically doesn't care. I have been through the rounds with them before. Unless you hold the copyright they claim that you cannot complain. I have anyway.

The only way of stopping this is suiing eBay. eBay makes too much money off of this illegal activity. When I complained about this activity before, eBay retaliated by shutting down my account...check out my name, mr.gold, on ebay...I am no longer a registered user. Do you want your account shut down?

I think that I am going to file a complaint with the ACLU. I do not have the bread to take on eBay. The ACLU, on the other hand???
  15. mr.gold

mr.gold New Member

Aclu

Just a thought...Instead of complaining to eBay...why don't we all take the time and write a complaint to the US Justice Dept and the ACLU?
  16. mr.gold

mr.gold New Member

Aclu

Just a thought...Instead of complaining to eBay...why don't we all take the time and write a complaint to the US Justice Dept and the ACLU?
  17. Clashster

Clashster Member

Here is eBay's response to my report....

Chris
  18. Clashster

Clashster Member

Here is eBay's response to my report....

Chris
  19. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

I Reported Him Too

I would highly recommend everyone report this scum to eBay. I believe it does work.

Who's mr.gold? Anybody heard of him until now?:twisted:

I will also be getting on live chat this am to report the specific copyright infringements so they can be easily tracked down and I will bring up the previously mentioned plan to boycott eBay (which could affect me directly).

Some of my models could be on there and I wouldn't even know it!

Terry
  20. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

I Reported Him Too

I would highly recommend everyone report this scum to eBay. I believe it does work.

Who's mr.gold? Anybody heard of him until now?:twisted:

I will also be getting on live chat this am to report the specific copyright infringements so they can be easily tracked down and I will bring up the previously mentioned plan to boycott eBay (which could affect me directly).

Some of my models could be on there and I wouldn't even know it!

Terry