Ebay Pirate Alert!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by 57townsman, Apr 16, 2007.

1. sneaker

sneaker Member

??????????:???: ?????????????

Would you be so kind as to explain the tone behind your thoughtful response!
  2. sneaker

sneaker Member

??????????:???: ?????????????

Would you be so kind as to explain the tone behind your thoughtful response!
  3. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Is he offering Airwolf by any chance? If he is I can try and lower the boom on him as I am most definately the copyright owner on that one. It was mentioned that he was offering models from several designers who frequent this forum if we had specifics we could fight it better.
  4. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Is he offering Airwolf by any chance? If he is I can try and lower the boom on him as I am most definately the copyright owner on that one. It was mentioned that he was offering models from several designers who frequent this forum if we had specifics we could fight it better.
  5. nx13688

nx13688 Member

6. nx13688

nx13688 Member

7. rickstef

rickstef Guest

8. rickstef

rickstef Guest

9. sneaker

sneaker Member

He shows your picture of Airwolf, as part of his description. Here take a look

View attachment 10171

(edit:) oops Sorry rickstef beat me to it.
  10. sneaker

sneaker Member

He shows your picture of Airwolf, as part of his description. Here take a look

View attachment 10171

(edit:) oops Sorry rickstef beat me to it.
  11. rickstef

rickstef Guest

SteveM's excellent designed Hako Starship Captains are in it too

Sheila's Trebuchet

and we can go on

Rick
  12. rickstef

rickstef Guest

SteveM's excellent designed Hako Starship Captains are in it too

Sheila's Trebuchet

and we can go on

Rick
  13. Clashster

Clashster Member

Claudio's DeLorean and Ghostbuster car....
  14. Clashster

Clashster Member

Claudio's DeLorean and Ghostbuster car....
  15. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Sorry to be off topic, but can anyone tell me what the model in the top left corner of that picture is and possibly where to get it? It would be much appreciated!

As for the piracy issue. That disclaimer is the easiest way to spot any auction that is not legit. It is used all the time and it always stinks of piracy or other illegal activity. I have never seen it on any legit auction. Just recently the big PC game companies got all auctions for in-game items shut down and banned from the site. It took years to get it done and some still find thier way on now and then. I hope that some of you designers can get these idiots stopped soon.
  16. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Sorry to be off topic, but can anyone tell me what the model in the top left corner of that picture is and possibly where to get it? It would be much appreciated!

As for the piracy issue. That disclaimer is the easiest way to spot any auction that is not legit. It is used all the time and it always stinks of piracy or other illegal activity. I have never seen it on any legit auction. Just recently the big PC game companies got all auctions for in-game items shut down and banned from the site. It took years to get it done and some still find thier way on now and then. I hope that some of you designers can get these idiots stopped soon.
  17. rickstef

rickstef Guest

18. rickstef

rickstef Guest

19. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Sorry to repeat myself, but I would simply scroll down to the bottom of the auctions and click the 'Report Auction' link.

I'm happy to stand corrected, but I can't see anything in the Ebay rules that says only the copyright holder can complain. Ebay specifically prohibits selling recordable media unless it is blank (or unless you can prove you hold the copyright, which he clearly doesn't.)
  20. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Sorry to repeat myself, but I would simply scroll down to the bottom of the auctions and click the 'Report Auction' link.

I'm happy to stand corrected, but I can't see anything in the Ebay rules that says only the copyright holder can complain. Ebay specifically prohibits selling recordable media unless it is blank (or unless you can prove you hold the copyright, which he clearly doesn't.)