Ebay Pirate Alert!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by 57townsman, Apr 16, 2007.

1. 46rob

46rob Member

If it's copyrighted--it matters not a whit if it's free or not. You can't sell it or distribute it. A copyrigt means just that: you have to give the party permission to it's COPY RIGHTS.
  2. 46rob

46rob Member

If it's copyrighted--it matters not a whit if it's free or not. You can't sell it or distribute it. A copyrigt means just that: you have to give the party permission to it's COPY RIGHTS.
  3. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

That makes sense, Paul. But man!! I'd be ticked off if I bought a disk and all it was was a bunch of links. I got ripped like that way back when
  4. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

That makes sense, Paul. But man!! I'd be ticked off if I bought a disk and all it was was a bunch of links. I got ripped like that way back when
  5. paul a

paul a Member

thats why he can,t sell the legal one no one would buy it
  6. paul a

paul a Member

thats why he can,t sell the legal one no one would buy it
  7. paul a

paul a Member

there has to be a way to stop these guy.
  8. paul a

paul a Member

there has to be a way to stop these guy.
  9. paul a

paul a Member

I would not be suprized if forums like ours did most of this @#$%@#$ persons research.sorry it just gets me mad.it takes a real low life to steal other peoples work for profit it really hurts everone else and who ever you are I hope you read this.
  10. paul a

paul a Member

I would not be suprized if forums like ours did most of this @#$%@#$ persons research.sorry it just gets me mad.it takes a real low life to steal other peoples work for profit it really hurts everone else and who ever you are I hope you read this.
  11. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I have tried to stop this by direct contact and reporting to ebay. I would not recommend anyone using direct contact, as I got nasty emails back from the seller and I had to block his emails as they started to get very very nasty.

As for ebay, they don't listen, as long as they are making money. Little guys (us) have no chance. It needs a big company to stop this kind of thing.
  12. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I have tried to stop this by direct contact and reporting to ebay. I would not recommend anyone using direct contact, as I got nasty emails back from the seller and I had to block his emails as they started to get very very nasty.

As for ebay, they don't listen, as long as they are making money. Little guys (us) have no chance. It needs a big company to stop this kind of thing.
  13. paul a

paul a Member

mybe we need a direct contact sight we all can use that does not idenafy us as individuals but as a group.
  14. paul a

paul a Member

mybe we need a direct contact sight we all can use that does not idenafy us as individuals but as a group.
  15. ekuth

ekuth Guest

I most definately see my Saturn SA-5 on the pics he lists. :mad:

It clearly states on EVERY page of the model that it is for free, NON PROFIT distribution only. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  16. ekuth

ekuth Guest

I most definately see my Saturn SA-5 on the pics he lists. :mad:

It clearly states on EVERY page of the model that it is for free, NON PROFIT distribution only. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  17. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Paul a, I was a bit silly I emailed the seller and that sent him my email address, won't do that again.
  18. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Paul a, I was a bit silly I emailed the seller and that sent him my email address, won't do that again.
  19. DrBill

DrBill Member

46rob is right. If it's copyrighted, he can't sell it, make derivative works, etc., without the copyright holder's permission. His eBay blurb states that the models are all in the "public domain." If so, that would give him a license to sell -- but most of these models are NOT in the public domain. (It might be worth a look at the licensing levels used on Flickr to see how use of intellectual property can be managed.) Also, take a look at Ralph Currell's restrictions to get a sense of how at least one copyright owner views distribution -- not a perfect fit, but close enough. http://www.currell.net/models/link_me.htm -- and Ralph's FedEx Concorde was one of the models being sold on CD / DVD by this guy.
  20. DrBill

DrBill Member

46rob is right. If it's copyrighted, he can't sell it, make derivative works, etc., without the copyright holder's permission. His eBay blurb states that the models are all in the "public domain." If so, that would give him a license to sell -- but most of these models are NOT in the public domain. (It might be worth a look at the licensing levels used on Flickr to see how use of intellectual property can be managed.) Also, take a look at Ralph Currell's restrictions to get a sense of how at least one copyright owner views distribution -- not a perfect fit, but close enough. http://www.currell.net/models/link_me.htm -- and Ralph's FedEx Concorde was one of the models being sold on CD / DVD by this guy.