Ebay Pirate Alert!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by 57townsman, Apr 16, 2007.

1. jparenti

jparenti Member

I'm going to let Jon Leslie know about this too. I see the Lost in Space robot available on his site. :(
  2. jparenti

jparenti Member

I'm going to let Jon Leslie know about this too. I see the Lost in Space robot available on his site. :(
  3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I think my last messages sank in. The pirate is now crying that he is in the wrong... love how immature he is to try to turn it all around on me.

My 2nd Message...
    Follow up 3rd...
    His sad pathetic attempt to look like he is in the right...
    Dude ... we will REALLY BE f*cking happy paper modelling knowing some douchebag like you wont be profiting off our free efforts towards making product to SHARE to our community.
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I think my last messages sank in. The pirate is now crying that he is in the wrong... love how immature he is to try to turn it all around on me.

My 2nd Message...
    Follow up 3rd...
    His sad pathetic attempt to look like he is in the right...
    Dude ... we will REALLY BE f*cking happy paper modelling knowing some douchebag like you wont be profiting off our free efforts towards making product to SHARE to our community.
  5. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Had a thought, Universal Studios owns the copyrights on Airwolf and I'm wondering if they might be interested in this case. Do you think it would be any use to try and bring their lawyers in on it?
  6. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Had a thought, Universal Studios owns the copyrights on Airwolf and I'm wondering if they might be interested in this case. Do you think it would be any use to try and bring their lawyers in on it?
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Considering the items are no longer for sale. It maybe a moot point. However all the distributors of those models should be contacted and informed that someone was selling their product.

The idea of releasing the hounds on this guy an ebay was for precident.
  8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Considering the items are no longer for sale. It maybe a moot point. However all the distributors of those models should be contacted and informed that someone was selling their product.

The idea of releasing the hounds on this guy an ebay was for precident.
  9. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Will,
    This could do more damage than good.......
  10. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Will,
    This could do more damage than good.......
  11. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

We Won! We Won! We Won!

That's great Steve!:rofl:

Thanks to everyone that contributed their bit!

I'm still not sure though if the system worked, or we built our own that did.8)

I still haven't received any emails from eBay (or anyone else) for that matter.

Isn't it amazing what a group of concerned people can accomplish?:twisted:

Terry
  12. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

We Won! We Won! We Won!

That's great Steve!:rofl:

Thanks to everyone that contributed their bit!

I'm still not sure though if the system worked, or we built our own that did.8)

I still haven't received any emails from eBay (or anyone else) for that matter.

Isn't it amazing what a group of concerned people can accomplish?:twisted:

Terry
  13. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Not to be the wet blanket................... but this was just a battle. The War contiues................ unless eBay changes it's policy on Copyrights........... there WILL be others:cry:

Congratulations on winning this battle............but.........

"Watch the skies, everywhere! Keep looking. Keep watching the skies!"

john
  14. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Not to be the wet blanket................... but this was just a battle. The War contiues................ unless eBay changes it's policy on Copyrights........... there WILL be others:cry:

Congratulations on winning this battle............but.........

"Watch the skies, everywhere! Keep looking. Keep watching the skies!"

john
  15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

You wont hear anything from eBay apart from the standard autoresponse emails.

They run the site almost completely automated to reduce costs so it's pretty much up to the sellers and buyers to run the place. Since they can put the Onus on the buyers to choose between buying or not buying pirated materials... it's ironic that only the IP owner of the materials to report the infringing product. The chances anyone in the small business market is going to have the time to peruse for their own product is unlikely. It's up to the buyers to technically police the site but ebay and their trickery think they have an out by turning a blind eye to the whole deal with their hands out taking in profit from both Pirated material AND E-Fenced stolen material.
  16. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

You wont hear anything from eBay apart from the standard autoresponse emails.

They run the site almost completely automated to reduce costs so it's pretty much up to the sellers and buyers to run the place. Since they can put the Onus on the buyers to choose between buying or not buying pirated materials... it's ironic that only the IP owner of the materials to report the infringing product. The chances anyone in the small business market is going to have the time to peruse for their own product is unlikely. It's up to the buyers to technically police the site but ebay and their trickery think they have an out by turning a blind eye to the whole deal with their hands out taking in profit from both Pirated material AND E-Fenced stolen material.
  17. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Bring It On!

I enjoyed this exercise and would eagerly repeat it again!8)

Terry
  18. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Bring It On!

I enjoyed this exercise and would eagerly repeat it again!8)

Terry
  19. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I have had a email back from 'jaybats' he says,
    thanks for the heads up, paul. i knew it would happen sometime. will have to think of some kind of counter-measure...

We should all keep a eye out for this kind of thing and notify the designers when it happens. A good result for the normal people, lets hope he doesn't readvertise the models.
  20. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I have had a email back from 'jaybats' he says,
    thanks for the heads up, paul. i knew it would happen sometime. will have to think of some kind of counter-measure...

We should all keep a eye out for this kind of thing and notify the designers when it happens. A good result for the normal people, lets hope he doesn't readvertise the models.