E-Stop your trains!

kf4jqd

Have you ever been to far from your throttle to stop a train crash or derailment? Have you ever worked on an assembly line and pushed that red button to stop the line from crashing? Mesh the two together! A friend of mine gave me 3 Emergency Stop Buttons! I have one mounted on a support pole on the opposit of the layout. Should have done that a looooooooooooong time ago!

Andy

Attachments

• estop.jpg
    estop.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 210
F

Fred_M

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are, that's funny. I use the hand of god method. FRED

Joepomp

What for!

I have no need for such a button. My trains never derail or crash!

I am also part owner of a bridge in NYC that runs between Manhattan and Brooklyn, could I interest you in some options on it?

Those buttons aren't cheap, thats some friend.:eek:

kf4jqd

A good friend!

My friend is an electronic/ electrain tech at a company near Green Bay, Wisconsin. Every year, they shut down the lines for preventive maintaince. He said in April, they will be shutting down again. I guess I will be getting more e-stop buttons and optiical sensors! If he didn't give them to me. They would go into the garbage!:eek:

Andy

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
My Digitrax walk around throttles have "panic STOP" buttons on them but so far I haven't needed to use them.

cidchase

Hey Joepomp,
You are absolutely right about the cost of those buttons.

BUT, the things these big companies scrap or throw out
is mind boggling!! :confused:

It's wonderful for those who have the opportunity to
scrounge for good stuff on the scrap heap!! :D :D :D :D

McFortner

Re: A good friend!

Originally posted by kf4jqd
If he didn't give them to me. They would go into the garbage!

I wonder if he could get a couple of hundred of each for us Gaugers.... :D

Michael
(N0YBC/4 btw)

Hey, they will never say "Yes" if you never ask!

kf4jqd

Not promissing anything, but..........

I am not going to promiss anything but.... If he alot of them. I'll let everyone know. He doesn't know how many he will get. The local modeling club get the 1st choice.

Andy

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Shouldn't you encase that in a glass box with a little hammer on a chain under it? :) Seriously, an emergency stop button sounds like a good thing. Beats watching helplessly from 20 feet away while your prize consist takes a header off a raised drawbridge!
Ralph