E-Pass Pass Exchange

Discussion in 'ID Badges, E-passes and Faces Behind The Names' started by Roger Hensley, Jun 16, 2002.

1. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Nice passes!
    Question? How do you make an e-pass?
  2. Vic

Vic Active Member

Hi EightyEight, I used the photo editing program that came with my digital camera...an abridged version of PhotoSuite. Most any of them will do the same thing. All you have to do is draw a rectangle, fill it with whatever color you want and paste in some text and graphics. The Paint program in Windows will do the same thing. Be sure that you save the file as a GIF for two reasons: 1. You will be able to upload it to most any site and 2. The image will not degrade when copied as with a JPG file.
  3. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Here's mine, (Logging only):D

Shamus
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

And how does one get your pass Shamus?
  5. msh

msh Member

okay 'splain it to me Lucy.

I really like the idea here - very cool - but I'm not up on what the pass is and what you do with it. I would love to make one. I'd be a nice creative diversion.
  6. Tyson Rayles

In the ol' days a person who had a pass could ride that railroad or at least a section of it for free. Course you can't ride these R.R.'s cause they are scale models, so it's mostly for fun. You can display them on your website (if you have one) or hang them on the wall of the trainroom. It is interesting to see after a while where they all came from. I have just started and the closest one came from Vic down in Georgia, the farthest came from the Phillipines.
  7. msh

msh Member

And so you simply post it in forums and it will eventually make the rounds? That's pretty easy, and pretty interesting considering you could pick them up from all over like you said.

Thank you.
  8. Catt

Catt Guest

Interesting thing to me is that the E-passes pop up about once a year and we get a whole new group of people interested.I used to make it a requirement that if you wanted one of mine you had to tell me where you lived (city, state, providence ,country)but some people don't want to share that info.:(
  9. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Tyson, just send me a PM with your email and I will get one off to you.

Shamus
    [​IMG]
  10. Roger Hensley

Roger Hensley Member

I still make that requirement although I will send to someone who does not furnish that info. Part of the Pass Exchange is knowing WHERE the person is. Without that, it doesn't mean nearly as much.
  11. Casey Feedwater

Casey Feedwater Member

For the non-NMRA members, the NMRA sponsors a pass exchange. I've been participating in that for a couple of years now. I have dozens of passes from all over the world. Some are very simple, printed on perforated business cards, while others are professionally designed and printed. Most also come with photos and/or descriptions of the modeler's layout, letters of introduction, and so forth. I have even received punched tickets, timetables, and other memorabilia from pass exchangers. It's all pretty interesting. Recently e-passes have been added to the program.

For me, it's fun and is just another way to enjoy the hobby.
  12. eightyeightfan1

Here' Mine

I finally got a chance to make an e-pass. I also didn't want to request one from someone unless I had one to return, so here it is.
    MMMM...Contest for best looking e-pass?

Attached Files:

13. eightyeightfan1

Thank - you Tyson for the pass. I guess I should of put down my e-mail to anyone else who wants one,
    Its:eightyeightfan_99@yahoo.com
  14. Tyson Rayles

Likewise 88! :D
  15. NYCentral

NYCentral Member

Hello Here is my E-pass for those interested:

[​IMG]
  16. philip

philip Guest

K & I Baggage Smasher pass

My fathers pass. He worked for the Monon and could ride at will. My brothers would travel with dad on the Monon from Louisville,Ky to Chicago, spend the night at the Railroad YMCA and then head home the next day. My brothers used to hang out in the baggage car and play with a shipment of puppies. Pretty cool. This pass could also be used to cross the Kentucky and Indiana Railroad bridge by way of automobile. The bridge served cars and trucks as a toll bridge.

Attached Files:

• pass.jpg
      pass.jpg
      File size:
      34.2 KB
      Views:
  17. hudsonelectric

hudsonelectric Member

Hudson Electric Pass

Made out to all members. If you would like one made out to you, just let me know.

Attached Files:

18. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

I think it would be a good idea to present all the passes of those Gauge members who really want to exchange their passes with others in a separate thread. To unburden the Gauge server we could also insert a link to our private e-mail address for exchangers.

I'm going ahead - here is my pass for all Gauge members together, and I reserved #100 for all my friends here.

If you want a personalized pass send me an e-mail - and yes, I would appreciate to get your pass in exchange, too. And please could you enclose your name, place of residence and modeling gauge in your e-mail (when it isn't already on your pass).
    Hehe, I just discovered that I haven't include MY residence on the pass! :oops: But you see it on my avatar!

Ron

Attached Files:

19. philip

philip Guest

Ron: I posted a pass yesterday and now the thread is gone!

phil

p.s. never mind ,its stuck in the bottom of that other thread,talk about confusing :mad:

and the un-official ID thread is locked. why are they trying to combine both types is beyond me. :confused: mind numbing

third time is a charm?
  20. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Hehehe, philip, my message above is also a re-post. The other one early in May just went down the drain.
    Ok, so we go again... :D :D :D

Ron