E-L Cabeese

Bob Morris

Jan 4, 2005
I've searched every manufacturer I can find and haven't been able to surface any E-L caboose models (with exception of one non-prototypical old Atlas caboose).

Does anyone know where one might go about finding one (or two or three? :) from smaller companies or kits or .....? I'm surprised such a large railroad has no models represented.

Bob

Bob Morris

Jan 4, 2005
Thanks Dan! I confess I hadn't found the Bachmann and Walthers cabooses in my searches. I've got the The Atlas version and it doesn't look too bad, but it's not protypical--most if not all of the E-L cabooses that I've been able to find had center cupolas.

The Bachmann caboose has the late (just prior to Conrail) repaint scheme which puts it a little late for my railroad, and is also a wide vision version, which to the best of my knowledge, the E-L didn't use. The Walther's caboose is a bay window version which indeed the E-L used at the very end of their existance, but may make it a little late for my layout. However, I'll do a some more research and maybe with a little detailing it would work.

I'm REALLY appreciative of your assistance. I had no idea those two versions even existed. Thanks again.

Bob

2-8-2

Jan 6, 2005
Delaware, Ohio
www.wn-rr.net
Bob -

I can't remember the name of the manufacurer (sorry
frown.gif
) but somewhere out there is a bay window E-L caboose. I'll dig through my links and see if I can find it for you.