E-bay

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
:wave: Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has gotten any good deals on e-bay lately.

I just got a BNSF DASH 8-40B made by Atlas for $46.00, it doesn't come with sound but still, $46.00, you can't pass this up. I also picked up a 6-Pack of LBF Company BNSF Coalporters for $67.00, Walthers Western Coal Flood Loader for $31.19, Atlas C&NW 70-Ton Ballast Hopper 6-Pack for $49.05, and Walthers OMAX 5-Bay Coal Hopper 6-Pack for $37.05. This all adds up to $238.00 when it's all worth double this. :D :D :D :D :D

Anyone else????

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
No I havent...and for the LIFE of me I cant find any steam era "Wood" boxcars on there either UP or undecorated...if anyone can PLEASE post a link.

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Type this in the ebay search bar

Walthers Undec 40' DS Wood Boxcar

As for ebay, there are good deals if you don't get auction fever. Research is a must, know the item you are looking to bid on and don't just jump on the first one to show up. Go down the list. I've bought other stuff, not railroad related, where there were two identical items about 20 auctions from each other. The first one had 20 bids and the going price was about $60 more than the starting bid on the other item. I was going to bid on the later, but got sick and missed the end. However, no-one else bid and the person put it back up for an even lower starting bid. Still no-one bid and I one the item for $5 less than the earlier starting bid.

It pays to wait it out and watch alot, even if you don't intend to bid, just get an idea what items are going for.

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
getting good deals on ebay is not common place anymore but i did just pick up 3 4packs of P2k 50 ft auto parts box cars for under 5$ a car including shipping.

Cornreaper

Apr 26, 2006
Barrie, ON
I just picked up a brand-new N-Scale LifeLike GP18 for $15.50. It's the older version with the plastic frame, but it's still a very decent loco. zedob is right, you have to watch and wait. The same loco from the same seller sold minutes before this one for twice the price. Overall, I've found that the best deals (for model rr stuff) are on things like track and scenicking materials. I scored a bunch of turnouts a while back for a third of the msrp.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
I got an IHM or what ever Barnhart loader for 6 bucks in HO. it came yesterday.

Check out this pic, would you believe it is a model?

Pretty advanced for a Backman kit, LOLsign1

DSCF2523E-vi.jpg

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Gil Finn said:
I got an IHM or what ever Barnhart loader for 6 bucks in HO. it came yesterday.

Check out this pic, would you believe it is a model?

Pretty advanced for a Backman kit, LOLsign1
Now that's cool...:D Great find, great price:thumb: :thumb:

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Play-Doh said:
No I havent...and for the LIFE of me I cant find any steam era "Wood" boxcars on there either UP or undecorated...if anyone can PLEASE post a link.

Play-doh,

The Accurail MOW outside braced boxcars (wood ends and steel ends) are on sale perpetually at my local store (www.larkspurline-trains.com). I think the best price I have gotten them at is about CAN$6 each. They are great for repainting/redecalling.

Even the lettered ones (I choose GT, CN, CP, etc for my layout) are a pretty good deal.

Andrew

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
MasonJar said:
Play-doh,

The Accurail MOW outside braced boxcars (wood ends and steel ends) are on sale perpetually at my local store (www.larkspurline-trains.com). I think the best price I have gotten them at is about CAN$6 each. They are great for repainting/redecalling.

Even the lettered ones (I choose GT, CN, CP, etc for my layout) are a pretty good deal.

Andrew

Cool! Thanks alot for the info. Looks like their server is down for the moment but I will definetly be giving them a check out!

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
No..I been finding better deals on line..Ebay "But it now "prices and bids just got ridiculous.
I was no longer using E-bay and I closed my account..
Well I kinda miss watching the last minute bid wars.sign1

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Play-Doh said:
Cool! Thanks alot for the info. Looks like their server is down for the moment but I will definetly be giving them a check out!

No, it was my fault - the link had an extra ")" in it...

www.larkspurline-trains.com

That should work. Jeff and his wife Pat run the shop. They started out as a mail order business, and still ship worldwide (as I see you are not close-by ;) :D )

Andrew

Pete

Jun 2, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
www.hioutput.com
How about:
19 used NJI/KTM twin coil switch machines, mounted on custom-built brackets (similar to the Rix Rax);
20 MRC heavy-duty DPDT switches wired as reversing switches;
14 ACME pushbutton turnout controls; and,
a LOT of wire - probably more than I'll ever need.

Winning bid? $4.95 USD plus $23-ish for shipping the 16 pounds of goodies. :D

I've also dealt with Jeff at LarkSpurLine Trains, and can recommend them as well. :thumb: