Durango vacation - picture intensive

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
i am in central phoenix, actually about a mile from Combat's house. Maybe I should have some people over someday :) Actually, the vertical transisitions on my layout are harsh, and I bet that snowplow might scrape the rails!

Kevin
We'll never know till we give it a try! Do you have pictures of your layout it on here somewhere?

N

nachoman

mrr2.jpg

i hope that shows up...

Triplex

Aug 24, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Triplex - ex Mexican hey? Learn something new every day.
RailPictures.Net Photo » Black Mesa & Lake Powell GE E60C The second engine is one of the BM&LP's original electrics, the E60s. They're being retired, giving up their transformers to the Mexican units, the E60C-2s. (The Mexican engines were built for a different catenary voltage.) In fact, since these are the first all-ex-Mexican shots I've seen, maybe they've retired all the E60s. Most of the E60C-2s are still wearing their NdeM scheme without even patches. Only one, as far as I know, has been repainted - the one leading in the RailPictures shot.

It's comforting to see new photos of this line, since there was a rumor that it had shut down at the end of 2005. These aren't the first post-2005 photos of the BM&LP, though, but I still felt a little nervous about its survival. There aren't many electric lines left.

Go Big1

Dec 29, 2006
NW Suburbs of Chicago
For about 5 years my father-in-law lived just outside of Durango, and my wife and I (& the kids when they came) would go visit him every year. Words cannot express how wonderful that area of the country is to me. The mountains, rivers, rail....all just spectacular. I was bummed a bit when he relocated to La Crosse WI, but he wanted to be closer to his grandkids, so I can't blame him.

Anyway, looks like you had a great trip - you certainly got me pining for a trip back out to CO!

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
After visiting there, I was convinced that that was the place for us to move to. My wife however owns her own business and needs to be near a major airport. Even though Durango is only 45 minutes from Phoenix via air, the smallness of the aircraft made her sick and it looks like that's a major hindrance. Still looking....