Durandal Class Starship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
I'm still distracted from the Century Series by non-canon starships unfortunately. This time, however, the ship is actually my own design. I drew it a few days ago while working on a story with a friend. Durandal is a warship, first of her class, and her warp nacelles retract during impulse travel to present a smaller target, protect the nacelles, and help the main deflector power a unique ramming shield.

I should be done with the front and back views tomorrow, at which point I can begin designing a model of it. I intend to make the nacelles fully retractable.

S

Starship Builder

nice kinada like a cross between rohde island and voyager very good work cant wait

cdavenport

Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Georgia
Forgive my ignorance, but when you use the term, "non-canon," you are obviously not referring to Canon papercraft.

Do you mean to indicate that your design is specious, something other than the spacecraft designs we see on TV and the movies?

The idea of retracting the nacelles is indeed clever since many modern combat vehicles employ technologies to reduce their observable profile.

S

Starship Builder

yeah non-cannon means its fan-created and that the design was never seen on the show. but it mantians the look of the ships on the show. hope that answers what you asked still cant wait to see this done paragon you designs are very good as is your method of making them.

ohgodwhy

Sep 8, 2007
Nice looking ship. Do the engines fold in, like on Voyager, or do they slide down the pylons like rails ?

Status
Not open for further replies.