Duplication of posts

Mountain Man

I have noticed that a good deal of posting is duplicated at more than one location on this forum. Why aren't the posts consolidated into the appropriate sections? Padding for appearances sake?

E

ekuth

Not sure what you mean, Mountain?

Are you referring to duplicate posts by members, or are the posts being doubled somehow?

Mountain Man

Doubled.

The identical posts appear in at least two locations on many occasions. I wondered why?

Example; Model Rairoading and Logging, Mining and Industrial Railroads duplicate the same posts all of the itme.

E

ekuth

Bizzarre! I have no idea, honestly. Glitch in the Matrix? sign1

Can you point me to some examples?

Bhelliom

Leftover post duplication problems from the Cardmodels to Zealot changeover? Just a guess since I don't know how old the posts being discussed are.

SK

E

ekuth

That's gonna be my guess as well... but I'm not sure.

If the problem continues with new posts, please let me know and I'll try to track it down! :thumb:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Just as a matter of record, when Zealot was first formed, there were literally thousands of duplicate posts. Some entire threads were duplicated, some just had duplicate posts in the same thread. Most of those were in the card modeler section, but all of the admins at that time chipped in and helped delete these posts. There was no easy way to get rid of them except manually, and so it took us a couple of weeks to purge them. It is possible that we didn't get them all. As for any new duplicate posts, it could be the work of the most recent admin moving things around and inadvertently creating these duplicates. If they continue, it could be the way the forums are set up in the control panel.

Mountain Man

Bizzarre! I have no idea, honestly. Glitch in the Matrix? sign1

Can you point me to some examples?

I just did.

Everything posted about East Tennessee and Haiti is duplicated at two sites on this forum, as previously stated. Three threads total, duplicated at two locations every time.

ezdays

Out AZ way
I just did.

Everything posted about East Tennessee and Haiti is duplicated at two sites on this forum, as previously stated. Three threads total, duplicated at two locations every time.
The forum "Model Railroading" as you list showing duplicates, is just a main header where the "Logging,..." forum resides. I see no topics under "Model Railroading", just a list of forum titles.

Padre

Yep, when the changeover happened before we spent a lot of time deleting duplicate posts. I have noticed that it happens again some times.

Bill Nelson

I just did.

OK Mountain Man. you have my interest, glitches follow me around like a hungry dog, but this has escaped my notice. If I post it in Logging, mining, and industrial, where else does it get posted. does anyone comment on these extraneous threads? I haven't stumbled on one poking around the rest of the site, that must mean I'm missing something, I will have to look harder.

Bill Nelson