Dummy needs some help!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by Texman, Sep 1, 2005.

1. rowiac

rowiac Member

Ray,

I agree with Tim.

I recommend scanning at 300dpi and saving as TIFF with either LZW or ZIP compression to save a little disk space. These are lossless compression algorithms unlike JPG, so you can save as many times as you want without degrading the image. I believe Acrobat's default settings is to convert images to a relatively highly compressed JPG resulting in some artifacts if you zoom in on the image. This gets worse the more times you save the file.

The other advantage to the TIFF format is that it allows you to save the layers as does Photoshop's native PSD format, but the file size is smaller due to the ability to choose compression.

Regards,

Roger
  2. rowiac

rowiac Member

Ray,

I agree with Tim.

I recommend scanning at 300dpi and saving as TIFF with either LZW or ZIP compression to save a little disk space. These are lossless compression algorithms unlike JPG, so you can save as many times as you want without degrading the image. I believe Acrobat's default settings is to convert images to a relatively highly compressed JPG resulting in some artifacts if you zoom in on the image. This gets worse the more times you save the file.

The other advantage to the TIFF format is that it allows you to save the layers as does Photoshop's native PSD format, but the file size is smaller due to the ability to choose compression.

Regards,

Roger