dull cote queston?

hello everyone, just a quick queston..... will spraying dull cote on a weathered loco hurt the window glass? i mean, will it turn it white or anything? thanks!:wave:

thanks mennellrm, ill mask it for sure. do they make a special tape for masking models, i know the regular tape is too big to fool with.

pdt

Use Scotch "Magic Tape." That's what I've used for years and it works great. It has a matte finish but when you press it onto the model very well it appears clear so it's easy to tell if you have a good seal.

pdt

jon-monon said:
I let it fog, looks dirty like the rest of my locos :D
Not a bad idea. I've done it with one of mine, but it's not easily reversible. If I were to do it over again, I'd just do the windows with a powdered chalk/alcohol wash. Your preferences and results may vary...:D

Russ Bellinis

I saw a model F7 on the cover of Model Railroader magazine a few years ago. I think it was the layout of the owner of Micro Engineering, but his F7a had an area of the windshield the shape of what a windshield wiper would clean masked off, and the rest of the window sprayed with dull coat. He was modeling Northern Pacific in the Northwest if memory serves. The windshield with the clean area where the wiper went and the rest dirty was very effective, and a detail I would never have thought of.

Chris Beard

dull coat

trainsteve2435 said:
hello everyone, just a quick queston..... will spraying dull cote on a weathered loco hurt the window glass? i mean, will it turn it white or anything? thanks!:wave:
Dullcoat will make the glass dull as well. If you have details inside you wish to show, remove the glass before you paint