DRSC forge shop photos {steel mill related}

slagpot

Hello all,

Having little time to devote to my mill complex,I did have a little. The latest scratch build is of a old school forge shop.The massive 12,000 ton forge press is still on the work bench,waiting to be installed inside the shop.

The outside of the shop has one last and very important detail left. As the years have come and gone,only a few forge shops have lived long enough to still retain the name.One such forge shop is Shefield forgemasters in Shefield England. I liked the forgemasters logo so much that I've taking use of its logo to add to DRSC mill complex.

As soon as I can get my wife {shes really good at the computer} to photo-shop the logo.Then my forgemasters will be complete.

Below are a few pics of the building.

Patrick
Beaufort,SC
Dragon River Steel Corp {DRSC}

Forgeshop001.jpg

Forgeshop003.jpg

Forgeshop001.jpg
Forgeshop002.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I LIKE it! I didn't think to put safety yellow trim on any of the doorways of my steel complex structures. That's a nice detail. Gotta love the shapes of steel mill industry buildings!
Ralph

ed acosta

Really nice workmanship! I also do a bit of scratchbuilding. What sort of material did you use for the sides and roof? The weathering makes all the difference in the world. Please show us a photo when the signs are up and the press is installed.
-Ed

slagpot

I LIKE it! I didn't think to put safety yellow trim on any of the doorways of my steel complex structures. That's a nice detail. Gotta love the shapes of steel mill industry buildings!
Ralph

Thanks Ralph, The darn forge press is on the back burner for now. I need to lay some track,am itching to see my trains run.

I have more scratch builds to come.One is a larger slag processing plant,using the walthers glacier gravel kit & walthers first flood loader,then I'm scratching a huge load out plant.

Patrick

slagpot

Really nice workmanship! I also do a bit of scratchbuilding. What sort of material did you use for the sides and roof? The weathering makes all the difference in the world. Please show us a photo when the signs are up and the press is installed.
-Ed

Hello Ed,

All right another fellow scratch builder. Believe it or not the whole out-side of the forge shop is covered in old projection screen TV covering.Let me explain in detail a little more.

A few years ago,while at work ,I came across a projection sceen TV.Apone looking at it,I soon discovered that the protective sceen cover looks just like HO scale sheet metal.Hence been saving every piece since.

I scratch built another building pretty recently also. I scratch built a huge basic oxygen furnace,compressed a little but not much. It too is covered in the wanna be HO sheet metal too.

Below is a link to the BOF. I think the BOF is on the second page of my photos.

Dragonriversteel - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'd like to be able to see your work too.Please if you would post your pics.

Regards...

Patrick
Beaufort,SC
Dragon River Steel Corp {DRSC}