Dresser Top Warehouse Building

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Hi guys, I have started work on a new Building that has 6 (yes you guessed it) Truck Docks (a warehouse builing without truck docks is not a warehouse to me) :D :D and also has 2 rail docks along the side of the building.

I cleared off the stuff on there and now all that is atop the dresser is my TV whicg simply could not just be moved out :D :D :D lmao. I started by putting a layer of foam down.

Here's some pics of the progress, sorry for the horible pics, camera fone :eek:ops: lol

Building just after it was assembled and sanded down for a better finish.

Warehouse_Before_1.jpg

Different view of the building, you can see that there is a main enterance, a Big door for small pick-ups/drop-offs, and 6 truck docks.

Warehouse_Before_2.jpg

Rail docks are on the left side of the building.

Warehouse_Before_3.jpg

The warehouse has been painted a light grey with white dock doors. You can see the rail docks in this pic. I still need to add the insulation around the docks.

Warehouse_Paint.jpg

This is were the path of the siding will be. The toothpicks are just there to help set the track and keep it from moving while the glue dries. Vey helpful when you put the toothpicks in at an angle like that, doesn't move at all!! :thumb:

Warehouse_Track.jpg

More to come soon :wave:

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
my friend, from the time you joined on here till now you have greatly improved your modeling skills! Well done on everything ive seen that youve posted! Great job, hope all is well for you josh!

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
NSES44DC said:
my friend, from the time you joined on here till now you have greatly improved your modeling skills! Well done on everything ive seen that youve posted! Great job, hope all is well for you josh!

WOW, Jeff, I don't even know what to say but thank-you so much for the very kind compliments. bounce7

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Ok made some more progress on the building, ok, I almost finished it sign1

All that has to be done is putting some gravel on the roof and the dock insulation/pads.

Here are some more pics:

I broke the front enterance glass pieces :eek:ops: when I pulled them off to spray the building so I could not put them back on looking like they did :curse: :curse: so I had to do something. I decided that this building would be getting some upgrades including brand new asphalt in the yard and a complete tear down of the offices and part of the warehouse floor. I like the construction scene that I did that you will see a few pics down. You can also see the bracing that I used. The legos are the roof supports that will keep the roof from dropping to far down.

Inside_Walls.jpg

Here is the small room I made inside the building.

Inside_Construction.jpg

Here you can see a Front Loader loading up a dump truck. A bobcat brings the material from the inside (through the opening in the wall in the last pic) and then the loader loads up the trucks.

Dock.jpg

A BN GP50 spotts 2 boxcars on the warehouse siding.

BN_GP50_Spotting_Boxcars.jpg

View down the siding and a view of the tops of the BN GP50, CSX 50' Boxcar, and BN 50' Boxcar.

Siding.jpg

View of the warehouse and the yard.

Warehouse.jpg

A small spot for a few trailers that have been unloaded from the warehouse.

Parked_Trailers.jpg

Looking left at the Warehouse/Yard

Looking_Right.jpg

A few from outside looking in at the small room under construction. You can see tha pile that the bobcat makes when it brings the material out from the other parts under constrcution.

Close_up_construction.jpg

Another view of the construction

Close_up_construction_2.jpg

A view of the roof that needs the gravel surface still.

Roof.jpg

More to come soon :D

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Cool stuff. The building looks great, as do the trucks you've got there. Keep up the good work!

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
wow trucklover,you do some great work.but i was wondering....where in h3ll do you get time to do all of this! you are a machine! first the blast furnace,then a steel mill module now this! you are on an awesome roll my freind! :thumb: --josh

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Gary S. said:
Cool stuff. The building looks great, as do the trucks you've got there. Keep up the good work!

COMBAT said:
Looks good. I love those trucks!!
smile.gif

Thanks guys :D :D

bigsteel said:
wow trucklover,you do some great work.but i was wondering....where in h3ll do you get time to do all of this! you are a machine! first the blast furnace,then a steel mill module now this! you are on an awesome roll my freind! :thumb: --josh

Josh, I do seem to be on a roll lately huh? :D :D

Well, I don't know were I have been getting all this time. This building went up in pretty much one day lol. I usally only go outside on the weekends to hang out with my freinds so during the week after I get out of skool I usally come home and do some modeling for the layout :D :D :D

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
so during the week after I get out of skool I usally come home and do some modeling for the layout
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

i never thought i would say this but......im starting to miss my school days,cause your lucky, you get out at 3 o'clock :curse: ! im home by 6 if im lucky! :cry: but oh well.....--josh

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
over in 2 months eh? try working on a layout with a full time job! now that is a challenge! plus those "honey do's" when you get married......ugh.....growin up sucks.....LOL.but keep it up with your great modeling :thumb:--josh

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
bigsteel said:
over in 2 months eh? try working on a layout with a full time job! now that is a challenge! plus those "honey do's" when you get married......ugh.....growin up sucks.....LOL.but keep it up with your great modeling :thumb:--josh

sign1 Boy I can't wait for that :rolleyes: ;)

Here is 2 more shots

Looking Left

Looking_Left.jpg

Nuther view of the Construction Scene

Warehouse_Full_View.jpg

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
wish some play sand mixed with another darker color, I am just gonna remove it, spread some glue over the entire surface and then sprinkle the sand over it. I think it will turn out pretty cool, never done it before but I have seen it done and it looks really cool :thumb: :D

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Ralph said:
I like it! So typical of buildings all across the country. A nice model.
Ralph

Thanks Ralph, I love the Nu-line Structures kits, they allow you to build pretty much anything that you see as far as warehouse buildings. Not a huge building but not a small building either. I had plans to build a building using Nu-Line structures kits and it would have been 9' long with 57 or so truck docks. I did a thread about it but can't member the exact plans. I member it also had some rail docks to. See if I can dig it up

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
I love it! Who made that kit (or is it scratchbuilt?)

I'm building this fantastic Walther's open-air transload building that has 15+ loading doors +docks!! :eek: I had to buy some more trucks for the occasion!

P.S. Trucklover, do you still want to sell that Athearn Ford C? (PM me if so!)

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
COMBAT said:
I really love those trucks!!!! Nice building too. Looks so modern and really good!!! :)

Thanks Combat, plenty more were those came from sign1

MilesWestern said:
I love it! Who made that kit (or is it scratchbuilt?)

Thanks Miles, The kit is from Nu-Line Structures and they sell the building and they also sell expansion packs. Here is the buildings that they sell, one is a backround building and one is a warehouse building with docks on the front.

The details about the buildings and expansion packs are below the pics on the page.

Buildings:
Expantion Packs:
They also have some details for the buildings to, just look on this page: http://www.nu-linestructures.com/HO-details.htm#Anchor-42295

There prices are not bad but they are not cheap. I like there expansion packs, that is what used to make this building. I used the Front Enterance, Side Wall Expansion Pack (made my own docks for boxcars in the walls), snd the Front Wall Expansion Pack. With the expansion packs, you can cut down the walls and make them whatever length you want to suit your needs, that is why I like them so much. The roof on my building was made from cardboard. I need to place another order with them soon cause I am out of walls now and I want to make some more buildings. They also have N scale buildings to. Does that answer your questionsign1

MilesWestern said:
I'm building this fantastic Walther's open-air transload building that has 15+ loading doors +docks!!
eek.gif
I had to buy some more trucks for the occasion!

I really want that awesome building but I have no were to put it right now :cry: I could just see a boxcar or 2 and a flat loaded with some heavy machinery getting unloaded and all those trucks at the docks, mhm I can almost smell the diesel in the air :D Look what you did, now I want it even more bounce7

MilesWestern said:
P.S. Trucklover, do you still want to sell that Athearn Ford C? (PM me if so!)

Nope sorry Miles, that was sold to Combat. I can't believe you membered that lol that was like 6 months ago sign1 Good memory I guess :D :thumb: