DPM movie theater

Bill Pontin

Trying to finish up the last little section of my module town. I posted previously that I cut up a piece of luan in city blocks so that I could work at my bench on the building details. Sure saves on the back not bending over a layout. Needed a movie theater in the town of Grizzly Summit so I modified a DPM building. Started by cutting the slots for the marquee.

Attachments

• mvc-002s.jpg
    mvc-002s.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 170

Bill Pontin

Next I constructed the marquee using styrene and some detail castings I had. Not glued in yet, just trying the fit.

Attachments

• mvc-003s.jpg
    mvc-003s.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 167

Bill Pontin

Got so busy with other things that I did not take any more in progress pics. Here is the end result. The FOX letters I cast and attached to styrene. The movie is the Forty Thieves with Hoppy. Those I reduced and printed.

Attachments

• mvc-011s.jpg
    mvc-011s.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 165

Bill Pontin

And this is a picture of the last module puzzle piece, all ready to glue into its hole on my module.

Attachments

• mvc-012s.jpg
    mvc-012s.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 161

belg

Bill, love the look of the town/ and the idea of working on the bench as opposed to over the layout will give it a try for my city scene. While in the craft store I was trying to find some letters to make an advertising sign,could you tell me how and where you got your letters to cast,PLEASE. ( and how to cast)
Pat

Bill Pontin

(belg) Pat I lucked out on the letters and numbers. Found an old toy vacuum form toy. The machine was gone but the letters and a few misc. parts were in the box. I made a rubber mold of the letters and numbers. I have several posts on making the rubber molds and casting the parts.

Attachments

• mvc-014s.jpg
    mvc-014s.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 136

Bill Pontin

The original letters and numbers are the black ones, the white are castings. The letters are about 3/8 inches (.035") in height. No lower case, just caps and numbers. When I am making other castings, I keep this mold handy to use up any left over casting material, this rather than dump it.

Attachments

• mvc-015s.jpg
    mvc-015s.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 133