L

lester perry

Busy day in the metropolis.
100_0873.jpg

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Hey, you've got my favorite corner building in there!! I'll post pictures when I come back from Laguna Beach...I really like the dog and stoplight, aren't those IHC parts?
Also, I'd suggest putting something inside the corner structure, signs in the windows, on the wall, or painted in the brick would add character, and how about installing an awning over the big windows? I'd probably get pretty warm inside in the summer without it! Window shades made from paint samples from home depot, or any paint selling "big box" store would made realistic shades, they'r e free, and you can compensate for sun fading! The crown moulding looks a little askew...might want to fix that. Finally, put an LPB inside the turret, looking out onto the street. I know you didn't ask for this advice, but I thought it might help. :) :thumb:

Good work with the streets! how'd you make them? Also, that concrete piling holding up (your mainline?) looks like real good work overall, certinally worth being proud of! :thumb:

L

lester perry

OK streets are plaster painted flat gay. Not black as I have never seen a black road except a freshly paved one. The sidewalks are felt. Yes felt from A.C. Moore craft store. The concrete is florist foam. The green stuff used in flower pots for artificial flowers. It is very soft and easy to mess up. I carved it to what I wanted and painted it with water base gray paint. The buildings can't be seen from this angle unless you get on your knees so the details you speak of for the most part would not be well invested time. Maybe when I run out of other more obvious things to do I might get to it.
Les

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Very Cool! I suppose you're right about the buildings.If you could please Post an overall shot of your layout for us, that'd be great! Thanks for the follow-up, amd look forwad to seeing more of your layout in the future, great work! :thumb:

L

lester perry

I can't post an overall shot of entire layout. Here is the closed thing I have to an overall shot. It has been posted before in other topics. Here you can see one end of the Clifton Forge yard. The yard has 14 track sand 2 lead in tracks. The orange you behind my head is a head ache preventor. I am 6' tall the concrete header is 5' 11 7/8" inches above the floor:cry: . I will try to get more at a later time.
100_0497.jpg