Downtown laneway

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
After playing around with numerous arrangements of my various buildings, I am now back to the set up I had on my original diorama -- the diorama that started it all.

Originally I bought a couple of Smalltown USA kits "just to see" what it would be like to make them.

Then, they needed a little scenery around them, so I put them on a styrene base and modelled a couple of grungey back yards and a gravel laneway.

Next, I felt I needed some tracks to lend a little credibility to the scene....

Then a loco and some boxcars just "for realism".

Now I'm building an actual layout (and am already ripping up and re-laying track). This is a very insidious hobby I must say!!!!!!!!

Anyway, here's a shot looking up the back lane behind the stores on St. Clair Ave (the brown building on the right is just a flat propped up for now):
scene.jpg

And a detail shot which I have posted once before from a different angle:
http://members.rogers.com/efullard/detail.jpg

:wave: Val

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thanks for the kind comments everyone! :D :D :D

Dick, that young lad is getting a real tongue lashing because he was supposed to clean out the yard but instead he's been at the poolhall down the street.

TC, the foreground tree is just an el-cheapo Scenemaster "maple" that I painted (trunk) and then stuck some Woodland Scenics finescale foliage into to give it an airy look. The tree behind it still needs to be done up the same way.

Val

aartwmich

Nov 30, 2002
SW Michigan
www.angelfire.com
Niiiiccceeee!! First impression-man that looks/feels real! Then-great modeling-I remember that ivy wall waaayy over there across that street. After another look I see the sidewalk/curb, manholecover/drain-WOW girl you are GOOD!!

How bout a shot of where it sits on the layout-regardless if the layout is half torn up/built??? I been wonderin how your layout is comin Val, I haven't seen much posted about it since I've been back.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Great modeling & fantastic photo, Val!:thumb:
I love the way you've composed the shot...with the low camera angle, the wonderful texture that the trees add, & the way the viewer's eye is led down the alley, to the cross street beyond...great depth of field, too! The scene looks like it's a mile deep!
:cool: :thumb: :thumb: :cool: