Double Slip, Double Crossover or 2 LH/RH Switches?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
What would recomend me putting in to switch between the 2 mainlines on my layout? I only have about 14" available.

cidchase

Hey Josh,
A double crossover, for what it's worth, will allow you to continuous run one loco on
all track on both loops without throwing any switches. (Assuming you have two loops,
of course.)

viperman

After just going through all your pics in the other thread, I would actually consider a double crossover too (looks like an x)

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Ok here is a picture of where it will go. There are switches on either side (Blue lines coming off mainlines).

I might be able to move both switches back an inch or so but I think that I will still have to shorten the ends of the double crossover a little.

Attachments

• Double Crossover.jpg
    Double Crossover.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 102

interurban

You should be able to take a bit off the the switches also, I have done that on the traction line more than once.
Just cut a bit off the road bed and rail where you can with your dremal tool and then make allowances for the slide connectors.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
O ya, I forgot I could do that too. I have done that many time with the flextrack.

Thanks Chris :thumb:

interurban

:D :rolleyes: I here you Jim , had my share of blips with them.
But Josh is tight for room, I hope he posts a speed restriction for a while in that areasign1