Double Diamond Ranch

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Tyson
1 hope the paint seals it OK.
2 you are right, I will be making them for the next ten years.
3 I guess I should to stop them from shooting at the water pump.
Now next comes a stockyard at the railhead
This is on the Double Diamond property but the neighbouring ranchers have joined in with a co-op stockyard to ship cattle.

Attachments

• r17.jpg
    r17.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 284

Matthyro

slow progress because my ISP isn't working properly yet so can only post every so often.

Attachments

• r18.jpg
    r18.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 289

Matthyro

There is a ton of fencing in this stockyard. Still more to add before painting.

Attachments

• r20.jpg
    r20.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 246

Matthyro

The fencing and gates are finally complete and ready for painting.

Attachments

• r21.jpg
    r21.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 223

spitfire

W O W !

Amazing Robin! What kind of reference are you using for this? It always amazes me the way once you begin a project you carry right on until it's finished, while people like me are still stuck on needing more information about how things go together! I have more projects in the "planning stage" than I care to mention. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cheers
Val

Matthyro

Thanks Val, the reference for the stockyard comes from a Walters Cornerstone ad for an HO stockyard. I found it in a Sept. 1996 MR mag.

Matthyro

The stock yard is painted and ready for cattle and of course to be installed on my layout.

Attachments

• r22.jpg
    r22.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 183

Russ Bellinis

I can hardly wait to see your method of scratch building cattle out of cardboard! Seriously, the ranch and loading pens are outstanding. Depending on the topography where you put the ranch, you might not need a lot of cattle. Most cattle loading pens are pretty much empty except when cattle are actually being shipped. If the ranch is in the hills, the cattle could be "over the hill" from the ranch house.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Been watching this with much anticipation to see the finished product. Great stuff as usual. The only thing missing is the cow plops. :rolleyes: I guess that will take care of itself once you get a few head of cattle through there though.:D

Don

Clerk

Robin. I called Sandy over to look at this and the first thing she said was "That must be Robins. He is the only one who could build something that good".

Matthyro

Hard to put a price to something like this Chris as the materials used are only worth a few pennies. Any suggestions on price if I decided to sell any of my creations?:eek:
Here is the stockyard at a quiet time. Need to get myself some of them long horned critters.

Attachments

• r23.jpg
    r23.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 289

Matthyro

An overall view of the ranch. Fencing and paddocking still to come as is a cattle bridge over Cache Creek

Attachments

• r24.jpg
    r24.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 302

belg

Robin you better hurry and build those corrals before little Philly's run away! The whole scene looks even more impressive then all the individual components and after all that's what really brings it to life. Pat