Dormant member revived.

Mark Crowel

User of old school drafting tools; no CAD.
Jul 28, 2007
Southwest Michigan.
My name is Mark Crowel, and I've been a member of Zealot since maybe 2005 or 2006, but I haven't posted for at least a couple of years, so I rejoined. Looking forward to displaying my paper model car projects, and seeing other members' model cars.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I am glad that yo decided to rejoin us. WELCOME back. I hope that you enjoy the new Zealot!
I have see some of your work already and it looks really good.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

Mark Crowel

Jul 28, 2007
Southwest Michigan.
Thank you, for the hearty welcome and the compliment. And yes, I am enjoying the new Zealot.
Until I first discovered Zealot some years back, I thought I was the only one building models from paper and cardboard. Zealot was the first card model forum that I joined, and it was like discovering a whole new world.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Thank you, for the hearty welcome and the compliment. And yes, I am enjoying the new Zealot.
Until I first discovered Zealot some years back, I thought I was the only one building models from paper and cardboard. Zealot was the first card model forum that I joined, and it was like discovering a whole new world.

I fully understand how you feel. I was the same way as well.
Before I had joined Zealot (back in 2009), I (too) thought that I was the only one who built models out of paper.
I would tell (and even sometimes show) people about what all I made and they would look at me (and the project), and make a comment about like "That is cool, but why do you not make "REAL" models?" I would always respond with "What do you consider a "REAL" model?" The general response was always the same "PLASTIC"!
So once I found out about Zealot, I had to join (and the rest (as they say) is history).

Mark Crowel

Jul 28, 2007
Southwest Michigan.
I used to get the same response from plastics modelers, when I would show them my cardboard cars: "Have you thought of trying sheet styrene? " I would explain to them, that with me, cardboard is not a material of last resort, but my material of first choice.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I have always liked your layered approach to your models. There is someone else using a similar approach, she is layering from top to bottom. A combination of both methods would yield something most interesting I imagine! :)

Mark Crowel

Jul 28, 2007
Southwest Michigan.
Thank you, John.
Whose work is this, of whom you speak? What threads should I look for? I would like to see this approach.

Last edited by a moderator: