Doobchek Sausage Co.

Karl Osolinski

Hello everyone,

This model is a scratch built version of the Campbell Brett's Brewery kit.

I used Northeastern clapboard, Grandt Line windows and cast the walls for the boiler house from glued together Chooch walls (to get the height needed). I made a latex mold of the Chooch walls and then cast the walls in hydrocal.

Also, I'm not a big fan of false-front buildings so I sketched out a small 2-story addition and built it for the right side of the building.

Karl Osolinski
Berkley, MI

Attachments

• gauge01.jpg
    gauge01.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 207
  • gauge1.jpg
    gauge1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 210
  • gauge2.jpg
    gauge2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 218
  • gauge3.jpg
    gauge3.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 209

Karl Osolinski

interurban said:
:thumb: Thanks for sharing this model Karl.
Where did you find all those vehicals???
Hi Chris,

Well, unfortunately, I have to build them all from Jordan kits. I have built over 150 of them to put on my dioramas.

Karl Osolinski

interurban

Amazing Karl, You did say in the last post you have been modeling a long time,
Have you any pictures of these fabulous diaroma set to railway theams, sideings or such?
I love the way you have the sky / cloud background. ;)

Karl Osolinski

interurban said:
Amazing Karl, You did say in the last post you have been modeling a long time,
Have you any pictures of these fabulous diaroma set to railway theams, sideings or such?
I love the way you have the sky / cloud background. ;)
Hi Chris,

I'm not sure if I understand. Do you mean stuff like this?

Karl Osolinski

Attachments

• 2gauge.jpg
    2gauge.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 190
  • 4803gauge.jpg
    4803gauge.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 192

interurban

:eek: :eek: WOW!.
Yep I mean like that, drooooooool :thumb:
Must be the 1920/30 era. ;)
Thanks Karl.

Eagel Canyon Railroad,, tell me more? :D

diaramas

Karl, I look at all your threads and find I have no words. I am absolutely speechless. (Mighty strange for me) I have only one question: is there ANYTHING you can't do?

Lynn

Karl Osolinski

interurban said:
:eek: :eek: WOW!.
Yep I mean like that, drooooooool :thumb:
Must be the 1920/30 era. ;)
Thanks Karl.

Eagel Canyon Railroad,, tell me more? :D
Hi Chris,

My fictional railroad was named Eagle Canyon. I had custom decals made and I made my own dry transfers to letter locomotives and rolling stock.

You're right on the time frame......1930's, all steam and mostly wooden freight cars. I built several swayback cars and wooden cabooses but ended up using them mostly for props in my photos since the layout plans gave way to dozens of structures. Here's a shot of an ex D&SL 2-6-6-0 deadheading past Buffalo Creek station and tower.

Cheers,

Karl Osolinski

Attachments

• 225gauge.jpg
    225gauge.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 174

interurban

Hi Karl, thanks a bunch for the info, we here can see you really enjoy building and creating these very impressive scene`s
My hat is off to you sir!!!!!
Please keep us thrilled by posting more as your time permits.
Are you working on something now? :wave:

I love the action shots you do!

Karl Osolinski

yellowlynn said:
Karl, I look at all your threads and find I have no words. I am absolutely speechless. (Mighty strange for me) I have only one question: is there ANYTHING you can't do?

Lynn
Hi Lynn,

Thanks, glad you are enjoying the photos.

Boy, I could fill volumes with the stuff I can't do. I remember when I got my first job in photography about 1961. My boss told me the secret to being a successful photographer was "only show your good stuff and throw out the rest".....

Karl Osolinski

Karl Osolinski

interurban said:
Hi Karl, thanks a bunch for the info, we here can see you really enjoy building and creating these very impressive scene`s
My hat is off to you sir!!!!!
Please keep us thrilled by posting more as your time permits.
Are you working on something now? :wave:

I love the action shots you do!
Hi Chris,

Thanks to all you fellas, I'm glad you're enjoying the photos.

I'm not sure what I like better....building the models or photographing them. I just flat love camera equipment. I still have the Argus C3 that my Pop gave me in 1955 and it still works fine.

At the moment, I'm scratch-building a model of the McClosky's Market from the F&SM.

Here's a shot of a diminutive 10-wheeler passing by the DiGeorgio Furniture Co., with an old sway-back box car and tiny wooden caboose in tow.

The other shot is an old sepia toned photo that the ECRR used for a promo shot......it needed new business!!

Karl Osolinski

Attachments

• 21gauge.jpg
    21gauge.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 169
  • 22225gauge.jpg
    22225gauge.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 164

LIRR

Please tell me your building a layout for all this. If I didnt know any better i'd think i was looking at pictures of the Gorre or the Franklin and South Manchester.