Don't laugh too hard...It's my first attempt!

holdenburg

Dec 29, 2006
Florida
www.nettechonline.net
Mmmmmmmm.....??

Nazgul said:
Thanks Guys!
I must be doing something right for you two to say it's ok!;)
50 pages...no I never imagined anything like this...in the back of my mind I was wondering if I would lose interest and just find another hobby. It seemed really daunting at first (sometimes it still does) but with everyone's help and encouragement...somehow it works out:thumb: Thanks EVERYBODY for being there!:)

I don't know about you...but I'm tired of looking at low quality, shrunk-down photos
here's a link to some better pics (5)... (click on "back" in the upper right corner to see more)
[URL="http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/nazgul-np/?action=view&current=TwinRiverRR128.jpg"]http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/nazgul-np/?action=view&current=TwinRiverRR128.jpg[/URL]

Wow, I think I saw the Budweiser train go by!!! (in my best Homer voice! BEEERRRRRR)
Steve, the Photobucket stuff is awsome! Especially nice is the shot of the large bridge but the weathering on the other TwinRiver bridge is awsome! I like the steamer and the HW Passenger Cars.... WOW....(2nd WOW) err WOW AGAIN... :wave:

joesho

Apr 29, 2006
surrey bc canada
wow steve that looks amazing i hadnt looked at this thread since pg 2sign1 youve done a LOT of work is such a small time period,all i have to say is THATS ONE FREAKIN AWSOME LAYOUT!!!!!!!! wow seriosly with the materials at hand (4.99 spray gun) nice work on the rocks give your self a pat on the back good job jawdrop jawdrop :D :D :D :wave: :) :thumb:

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
joesho...thankyou...I appreciate it!
thank you holdenburg for all the kind words...
Here's a better pic for ya:
Twin River RR 163 smaller2.jpg

The rest are just "fooling around with the camera" pics
this next one will make a good shot when all the scenery is done....I've started ballasting this end of the layout....have I mentioned ballasting stinks?......thought so

Twin River RR 142 small2.jpg

Deano's handy-work...the man has raised detailing engines to an art-form (he'll be mad I said that..........shhhhhh don't tell him!):D

Twin River RR 154 small.jpg

Twin River RR 149 small.jpg

Twin River RR 147 small.jpg

I'll hopefully have the ballasting done this week...I really want to get the mine area done....I'm sick of looking at the plywood:cry:

Take care:wave:

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
AWESOME PICS STEVE!!!:thumb: you know i like your steel bridges, as i have commented on them SEVERAL TIMES:thumb:. i cant recall seeing the station, i REALLY LIKE IT!!!!:thumb: (NICE ballasting too!;)). and the shot of the wood on the bridge in the third pic is SLAP FANTASTIC!:thumb::D. GREAT WORK!:D -Deano

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Ballasting stinks????? Never heard anything like that from you sign1 . Nice shots (as always. Seems like your layout can only generate nice and interesting pictures). The picture with the station is absolutely awesome :thumb: :thumb: .

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
OK, Will do. I started looking back on this book but I got so caught up in the pictures I stopped reading. LOL

Thanks!

wdsrwg

Jan 29, 2006
Hill Country of Western Wisconsin
I'm not ashamed to say I have a bucket under my chin!
sign1 :wave:sign1

With what he is doing on his first try (at least thats what he sez!)
he deserves all the accolades posted!

It is getting a little steamy in here though...........

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
I think Steve will need a "Sponge Car" for all the dreweling and slobbering going on...
Guys...you know I got ya covered!

Twin River RR 168 small.jpg

This is my first scratch built car!....Kurt, what do you think?

Northern Pacific tried in the 1950's to corner the market in the transportation of saliva. The sponge cars that were used were sometimes referred to as "spitters" or "wet willy's" by the crews that worked them. Although promising at first, the demand for second-hand saliva soon dried up. Some historians site this as the negative turning point in the fortunes of the Northern Pacific Railway and lead to its eventual decline.
-taken from The "Real" History of the Railroad
by D. R. Ooler

It's always a good time for a "history" lesson!:D

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
ROFL!!!!!!:thumb: sign1 sign1 sign1Steve, the "History" lesson was a real nice touch!!!:thumb: :D -Deano

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
What protection is tehre available to protect cars from being broken into millions of pieces of they detail on that bridge thing-a-ma-jiggie lol....

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
WOW, Steve, you’re a GENIUS!!!. This is the best NP sponge car I’ve ever seen :thumb: :thumb: . You didn’t make the same mistake as most manufacturers to use a yellow sponge – it’s ridiculous, they don’t even come close to the color of the prototype. Your sponge matches the NP "spitting blue" perfectly. BTW, NP invented this color to give the cars a clean and aseptic look. But they couldn’t do anything against the smell of the cars, which could be really bad on a hot summer day. Fortunately this disgusting episode of North American Railroad History didn’t last for very long. Great job, Steve :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Kurt...I thought my knowledge of made up railroad history was good...but yours is incredible!!;)

Miles...The car was temporary but I have saved all the pieces and it may become runnable in the future...good idea!:thumb:

prodigy2k7... the only thing protecting the cars right now is my 2 hands :eek:ops:

Ok...I've been ballasting when I can the last few days..(and loving it!)..here's some pics and better shot of the freight depot:
Anniversary 1st 003 small.jpg

Anniversary 1st 005 small.jpg

Anniversary 1st 011 small.jpg

I think the ballast smooths out some of the rough edges....when some weeds are placed here and there it should further soften the look....we'll see
take care:wave: