Don't laugh too hard...It's my first attempt!

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Great idea to use these plants for corniferes. I really like them. And I have to back the guys who posted before me: your mountains look awesome. I don’t know if I missed it, but could you please post a pic of an overall view of your mountain area?

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Guys I just wrote a long post thanking you all but some how I lost it all
curse.gif

Too tired to do it again... but THANK YOU ALL!:thumb: :thumb: . After work today I was digging post holes for a friend or is that EX-friend
biggrin.gif
so I didn't work on layout:cry:

Kurt I snapped these tonight...the first 2 show the over-all section I have done...still a lot left to do
Scenery 136 little.jpg

Scenery 137 little.jpg

Scenery 144 little.jpg

Scenery 139 little.jpg

I have never looked at this section at eye level before...looks like I have some over-spray from the river on the left bank:eek:ops: .... at least it's a quick fix:thumb:
but I do like the way the water looks though
Scenery 143 little.jpg

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Steve, thank you for the pics. The coal mine is a real eyecatcher in these surroundings. Even though there is still a lot to do, it is plain to see, that your layout is something special. You must be really pleased. Did you expect this result when you started a few months ago?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Steve, more AMAZING pictures.:thumb: :thumb:

I love that coal mine :D :D and it looks perfect there.:thumb: :thumb:

And those other shots of the river and cliffs and outstounding, Truly amazing job you have done and I am really impressed and I think that lots of people are too. I am wanting to do something like this in N scale now, O great now look what you didsign1 sign1

Really great job:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I look forward to seeing more pictures every time I sign on!!!!! Keep up the great work:thumb: :thumb: :D :D

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Kurt I had no idea what this would become. When I found The Gauge I was thinking of doing one of the WS 4x8 kits. The more I read and the more pics I saw of what others were doing...The more I wanted to try. But I was also intimidated by the skill level of the great modelers here and other places. If it wasn't for Galen designing this track plan and him saying I could do this....I would probably have either sold myself short or lost interest. Everyone has been sooooo supportive and encouraging and taking the time to help me out that I feel that I have an obligation to do the very best I can for them as well as myself (The last thing I want to happen is people feeling they're wasting their time contributing) I wouldn't have done anything like this without you guys.
Did I mention it's FUN!

Josh.....You go for it! I'll be there to cheer you on:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Steve:wave:, the trees are looking GREAT!!:thumb: i CANT WAIT to see what the layout will look like with some ground cover;) . THANK YOU for posting the shots of an overall of the mine and mountains, REALLY fits together NICELY:thumb::thumb::thumb:. my favorite shot is the last one you took, at eye level:thumb: , TRULY OUTSTANDING!!:thumb::D YOU have REALLY done a FANTASTIC JOB capturing a river cut through the mountains:thumb: . announce1 PROBLEM THOUGH:eek: , every time you post pics, it just makes me want to throw out my bed, and add on to my layout:eek:...Hmm...could sleeping on a fold up cot be so bad:confused:tooth1sign1 FANTASTIC WORK(as usual:thumb:)Steve!:thumb: THANKS!:D -Deano

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
...Hmm...could sleeping on a fold up cot be so bad

The answer is.......YES IT CAN! I had one for 2 loooooooong years. You talk about aching back and muscles, not to mention the sheer frustration....I could only imagine the torture if I had ever gotten the stinking thing open and actually slept on it!:D

Thank you Deano
when I see your wonderful collection of engines..... I envy you:thumb: :thumb:

I am ordering the Micro-Engineering (210') tall steel viaduct
Walthers Model Railroad Mall -- product information page for 255-75515

It is going here:
Scenery 152 small.jpg

the plan is to carve a ravine into the foam and i have also been toying with the idea of cutting the plywood underneath to make it DEEPER...the plywood overhangs the frame of the bench at this spot so it shouldn't be a problem (famous last words):rolleyes:

Just playing with the camera...
Scenery 148 small.jpg

pgandw

Jul 9, 2005
Nazgul said:
...the plywood overhangs the frame of the bench at this spot so it shouldn't be a problem (famous last words):rolleyes:

Famous last words:

from a helicopter/airplane pilot: "Oh Sh**!"

from an engineer: "this should be a piece of cake!"

from a redneck: "Hey Bubba! Watch this!"

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
This will save you a lot of money. You won’t have to buy tons of ground cover in many different shades of green sign1 .

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
This will save you a lot of money. You won’t have to buy tons of ground cover in many different shades of green sign1
Kurt,
I figure if I yank some trees off the layout...this side is pretty much DONE!:D :D :D

ocalicreek

May 4, 2005
Puyallup, WA
groups.yahoo.com
Heh heh heh....that's pretty funny. Ain't it also funny how a layout can eat up trees and still be hungry for more? I too think the viaduct will be a great addition, giving you and your guests a neat view down the river gorge.

I lost a post also...stupid slow connection...anyway, where are those hoppers you need for that mine?

Galen

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
where are those hoppers you need for that mine?
Galen
I asked my wife a while ago if I could buy some hoppers because I needed them for the mine on my layout......she said NO! You don't ask my wife anything twice....she's not as nice as she looks:

wife.jpg

Chris (91rioja) knows all about "snookums":D

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
She asked recently if "that Chris guy" has been minding his own business?
I lied to her and told her I don't talk to you anymore......I know I should stand up to her....but she won't let me:cry: