Dominion battleship or battlecruiser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

None completed. I tried to design one but it was beyond me, better left to someone with skill in Metasequoia and Pepakura. You've extracted 3D models into paper models before, why don't you try that again? I'd be willing to offer any help I can.

billy81

I now have the two extracted from an old game file. Both of them can be opened up in Metasequoia.

think-floyd

Good work billy81! I'd love to have a go at one sometime, I always liked the look of the dominion ships. Maybe you can take some screenshots of your progress through the design, I'm sure plenty of people would be interested in watching how it goes :)

shiftdel

I have models of both ships, extracted from mods for the game Star Fleet Command.

Actually, there are more then one mod for those ships; I know about 2 of each; and textures are low resolution...

I started cleaning the Dominium BC ages ago, but I didn't finish my work and lost the file.

billy81

The models needs a lot of cleaning up in the Metasequoia. The textures are okay but will need some cleaning up too. These are from an old homeworld/star trek mod.

billy81

Well I need some help in Metasequoia! If anyone is interested email me and I will email the mqo files to you. I don't know much about Metasequioa. The models need to less faces so they can open up right in Pepakura.

shiftdel

Well I need some help in Metasequoia! If anyone is interested email me and I will email the mqo files to you. I don't know much about Metasequioa. The models need to less faces so they can open up right in Pepakura.

If your models are the same ones that I have (and probably they are, as most of Homeworld mods were converted to SFC), they will need much more then less faces to be unfolded right in metasequoia, because there are a lot of overlapping parts on them.

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
Hi shiftdel!
you are right! he sent me the files and the overlapping is terrible! And the texture is - I have no words for that!!!wall1 I said to him: "forget it!"
Minimum work time for both models is 2 weeks!!! (only if you are good with metaseq)
it is better to make a new model than to chang that mesh:cry:

my two cents
:wave:

Millenniumfalsehood

Actually, minimum work: 2 days. :twisted:

I just finished fixing the Battlecruiser, and I'm now moving on to the Battleship. Texturing will take place after the Battleship is finished.

Millenniumfalsehood

The Battleship is more difficult to correct that I previously thought, but I'm getting there. It's all because the guy who made it had to provide all these extra panels on the inside, which are probably there for collision detection in the game. I'm deleting as many as I can find, which makes the process go a lot faster. I might add that this may be the incentive I need to purchase the full version for the Boolean operations because of all the intersecting parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.