Dominion Atlantic ???

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
My fave mail order place indicates they recently got some new Proto 2000 RS3's. One of them is for a railroad named "Dominion Atlantic" (maroon and black). I thought I had heard of most railroads in North America - what the heck is a Dominion Atlantic ???

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Do a web search (I used google) for the phrase Dominion Atlantic. I would guess from the Atlantic part that it's an eastern RR.

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
The Dominion Atlantic was a subsidiary of the Canadian Pacific and ran in the province of Nova Scotia from Yarmouth to Wndsor Junction.
It connected to Saint Johns, New Brunswick by a marine connection (Rail barge, I beleve) and also with the Canadian National at Windsor Junction, as well as having trackage rights into Halifax.
Main yards were in Kentville and there was also a connection to Truro where it served a gypsum mine.
Most of the line is gone, however, a section running from Windsor Junction to New Minas (52 miles) and the section to Truro (about 5 miles) are still in use as the Windsor and Hantsport Railway.
Gypsum is still the primary traffic.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Terry

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
A short line, alco diesels, mine service, rail barges...wow...
It's got me drooling!
Sounds like that could be a great basis for a layout!:cool: