Does anyone have a copy of the Sick Mind Hot Rod

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Lee Clifton, May 18, 2017.

1. Lee Clifton

Lee Clifton Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage

I've been hunting for this model for a while. Does anyone have a copy of the Sick Mind Hot Rod? dragcarbrazil001klklkl_zps513f58fd.jpg
  2. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

You could try contacting him through Facebook (Yech, I know) and see if you can get a copy, maybe let us host it for him? We could collaborate and make a new similar one, better detailed maybe? :)
    Lee Clifton likes this.
  3. Lee Clifton

Thanks Zathros. I couldn't figure out how to contact Felix Magoo but I did send a message to Papermau and I'm waiting for a reply. I'm always up for a collaboration. Glad the site it back up. I've been busy with my Mom being in the hospital for breathing problems and celebrating her 100th birthday this week. Photo attached I'm the son on the left. Hope to get back to normal next week and get some building done.

Attached Files:

Revell-Fan likes this.
  4. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

I'm sorry about your mom. I wish her all the best. The oldest tenant of our home is 102 years old. She has a great sense of humour. A few days ago she had to sneeze a few times quite hard. When we asked her if she was alright she responded: "Yes, don't worry. The nose is still in its place." :D ;)
    Lee Clifton likes this.
  5. Lee Clifton

Thanks! We took her by van in a wheel chair with oxygen from the hospital to her assisted living for a party yesterday and she held up pretty good. The family party will be Saturday afternoon.
  6. zathros

Wow, 100th Birthday, God has blessed her you and the world. Longevity rules!! :)

As long as talking about collaborating, tell me when to start. :)
    Lee Clifton likes this.
  7. Lee Clifton

I'm up for a collaboration anytime you are. Even when I'm to tired to do anything else I'm online doing research for new graphics. Looking for research to start on Doc Savage's headquarters design tonight.

The hot rod models I've been finding and collecting will be the starting point for the missing Hot Rods in my Aurora Monster Hot Rods model collection. Aurora made a lot of the Monster kits but they only made 6 of the Monster Hot Rods. Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolf Man, Mummy, King Kong, and Godzilla. I'll be working on designs for Hunchback, Bride of Frankenstein, Mr. Hyde, Phantom of the Opera, and the Creature From the Black Lagoon. I liked this design for Mr. Hyde.
  8. zathros

I have 3 real cars to fix first, then I'll start on something (throw a motorhome in there, as I am remodeling the driver's section of my Class A motorhome). :)
    Lee Clifton likes this.
  9. Lee Clifton

Sounds like you are feel'in better by friend. I've been trying to keep my yard and my Mom's mowed and looking for reproduction copies of the "plastic" model kits I had as a kid. Got the Aurora Frankenstein and Monster Hot Rod King Kong Thronester last week. Looking at Superboy, Drac's Dragster, and Wolfman's Wolf Wagon Hot Rods on Amazon. Not to mention we have Mom's second 100th Birthday Party today. Busy month.
  10. zathros

Not feelin' much better, just feeling the sand run out. Gotta get it done now. I have to burp my Taurus. I replaced the Thermostat, and have not been able to evacuate all the air. Ford uses way too many hoses interconnected with other hoses. I wish they just took the hoses off of different bosses off of the block like everyone else does. I am really hoping I didn't blow a head gasket. I didn't let it get that hot, but there's always that possibility. V-6 Duratec 24Valve engine. This car flies. It's a rocket. I'd hate to lose it. I just don't know if I am up to rebuilding to cylinder heads, and it's a V-6 with dual overhead camshafts!! Much work. :)
    Lee Clifton likes this.
  11. zathros

Turns out I have to burp the motor. Raise the real two wheels one 3 pieces of 2 x 8's, wide enough so it doesn't fall over, this will allow me to raise the front end really high up (these Taurus's are really low to the ground), then I can jack up the front end, I have a 5 ton jack with a spreader bar, as high as I can, attach a hose to the fill tank, fill it up with coolant, the run the motor, that way the fluid goes up those, into the bottle on top, (inverted antifreeze bottle, with the bottom cut out, attached to the other end of hose hanging off of the raised hood, this will be a real Rue Goldberg set up!), and when the motor burps, the coolant takes it's place. The car only overheats when the reservoir cap is on. So it's either that I need to burp the car, or I've blow a head gasket. I may due the heads. I know how, and have rebuilt many engines, but I ain't know Spring Rooster anymore. If only I could get my son to get "into" it. Of course, if I put the same effort into my 1973 450SL, I would have a much nicer car. Hmmm? :)
    Lee Clifton likes this.
  12. Lee Clifton

Zathros your expertise with vehicles is far beyond me. I'll be lucky if I get my wheels and hubcaps repainted this summer.

I heard back from Mauther and he doesn't have a copy of the model either. another one of those lost paper models. The Wayback Machine wasn't any help either. Its pretty simple and I think it will make a good starting point for a Mr. Hyde Hot Rod. I can probably make a pattern similar to transfer to plastic. Its a shame that when they made the mosters hot rods from Aurora they didn't make all of the monster characters. I've also been looking for the Universal Monsters bobble heads to use for the characters in the cars but they are hard to find and kind of pricey. I will probably research photos of them and sculpt my own. Then vacuum form copies to make lighter weight versions for the models. I'll get scrap plastic and PVC sheet from the local sign shop to scratch build the vehicles.

Thanks for the help guys. Seems like I'm always looking for research models that have disappeared from the web.
  13. zathros

The monster characters were so cool too. :)
    Lee Clifton likes this.
  14. Lee Clifton

Zathros I just placed an order on Amazon for a Superboy, Drac's Dragster, and Wolfman's Wolf Wagon. So the only Aurora Monster Hot Rod I'm missing is Godzilla's GoKart. I am planning on designing and scratch building the ones that were sadly never made.
    Last edited: May 23, 2017 at 7:39 PM
    zathros likes this.
  15. zathros

You should try and recreate them in paper. I know you could do it. ;)
    Lee Clifton likes this.
  16. Lee Clifton

I've been watching the process of the paper Frankenstein and Bride. It may be possible with the figures. I know it would work for the vehicles.
  17. zathros

You have a link for this?
    Lee Clifton likes this.
  18. Lee Clifton