Does anyone else find nscale.org confusing?

Talk about sensory overload...There's a flashing writhing GIF in every corner of every page. It reminds me of late Baroque architecture where every cornice and gable is adorned with spitting gargoyles framed by layered arabesques.

Be that said, I still signed up.

timwatson

Jun 10, 2004
Oklahoma City, OK
Agreed

I couldn't agree more ... great URL, large community base ... but sheez. The log-ins don't coincide, a live chat on the homepage ... sometimes I can't even get the pages to load in mozilla based browsers. Such great potential (unrealized).

tim
(Day job web developer/designer)

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Tim, my condolences to you for being stuck on a Mac.
I was in your place two years ago, but made the move to WinXP, and am I glad I did.
More options and easier on my wallet.

Talk about a monopolistic company, Apple wants to control EVERYTHING themselves, both hardware and software.

Will_annand said:
nscale.net is easy to see and has lots of good info.

Will,
I totally agree...www.nscale.net is, in my opinion, THE home for N-scale fans...as their homepage says, "This is your one stop information source for N scale model railroading" :thumb:

And, back to the topic at hand, yeah, i agree, nscale.org is busy, confusing and loads very slow. And i can't blame browsers or computers...i've tried on everything from a new Mac G4Dual, G5, WinXP-Pro Pentium4 using everything from IE to netscape, Safari to Mozilla and Firefox.

Later
AR

C

Catt

I actually got signed up for nscale.org.Unfortunately that was as far as I got.After trying to get in about 40 times over a two week time period I just gave up.

Oh ,and I agree nscale.net is Nscaler's heaven,besides that Todd is going to join NARA :D .

jkristia

Aug 1, 2002
Simi Valley, CA,
Visit site
In my opinion the designer of that site needs to learn a few things of how to organize and simplify a page so it's easy for the user to find the information. Way too busy for my liking.

Jesper

Dan Vincent

Aug 14, 2003
Sanford, FL
Visit site
I registered on both nscale boards but there is a lot of n-scale information right here on the Gauge.

Looking at or posting on other sites is fine but this one seems more active.

I'll just cruise them all. Sometimes they all seem to die.