DOD Train

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by spankybird, May 27, 2005.

1. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

This morning on the way to work I saw this DOD train just east of the Berea yards heading west.

Kind of funny to see this on the beginning of the Memorial Day weekend
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tom
  2. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Some heavy duty stuff there SB. No security guard around to question you about photographing this movement eh!
  3. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

I have seen DOD trains before, the last one had tanks on it, but no camera on hand.

I was on the road that went under the tracks, so I pulled off to the side to take the pics.
  4. Livesteam

Livesteam Member

Thats really cool, i have not seen around where i live anything like that, just the normal box and tank cars.Once in PA probally 9 years ago i did see a circus train that was not on display, It ran, must have been for some event
  5. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Pictures. You would be surprized what the military will move. No matter what day or holiday it is.
  6. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Ahhhhh...Memories
    I remember "railheading" our trucks when we went to Ft. Erwin California from Ft Hood Texas.I actually got to drive my truck up on the flatcar. Scary drive. Some lucky guys in my unit got to do the rail guard. They had a sleeper car and fully stocked diner car on the train. Heard it was the best gaurd duty they ever did.
  7. ausien

ausien Active Member

When opertunity knocks, you certinly were there to open the door. great pix, thanks for sharing...have a good one..steve
  8. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

When I came upon the train at the underpass, it was just starting to move and I didn't see the begining of it, so I don't know if it had any passanger cars on it. Here are a couple more pics of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tom