Dock Side Switcher

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by jimbogibbo, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I don't think I will ever have an engine worth $1,500. :eek:
    Then again, I didn't think I would ever have a custom built bass worth $2,000 either. Now I have two of them. :D
  2. jimbogibbo

jimbogibbo Member

The dock side switcher again.

Ok here you have it. The Dock side Switcher will run about 40 minutes at full throttle pulling 5 cars, and have a good smoke stream.Using 6 drops of smoke fluid to begin with.:thumb:
  3. Geno

Geno Member

Cannonball,
    I think my wife would bury me alive if I came home with a $1500 steamer! Well, she wouldn't mind if I had her 2k diamond ring (yearight!):D .

I guess if you want anything bad enough you can find a way to get it. If you have other hobbies ($$$) than O gauge trains is not much different- just another hole to pour the money into.

Geno
  4. jimbogibbo

jimbogibbo Member

the switcher was only 100.00 dollars .She probably spends that much on make up!!!
  5. Geno

Geno Member

I bought mine with the set, which I thought was a good deal- it is also a nice change of pace from big modern diesels and long intermodal drags.

I pretend not to notice the 150.00 trips to the day spa, as she pretends not to notice the packages which keep coming for me at the door :).

Geno
  6. jimbogibbo

jimbogibbo Member

as she will keep reminding you of the money you are spending on your trains . You can remind her of the money that she spends on her hair.
    ps the trains do keep you at home and out of trouble while you are working on them!!!
  7. Cannonball

Actually, no she doesn't. Nor does she spend much on her hair. (Or trips to dayspas) She would just as soon have good household stuff. I got her a $300.00 sewing machine last year and you would have thought she won the lottery. She loves to cook so her favorite thing she got for Christmas was the new set of kitchenware that she asked for. I think I have the only wife in the world who thinks her husband is the greatest man alive for buying her pots and pans. :D

I'll have to check out the switcher when I get home. My work computer has your image host blocked and I can't see the pic. :(
  8. Geno

Geno Member

Speaking of pots and pans, I was recently looking for a Calphalon large frying pan (12"-13")-IMO one of the best brands of cookware out there. Trying to get away from the telfon-coated cookware which is bad for you to cook food on.

My wife loves to cook as well, and I'm proud to say she's a very good one at that (my waistline is proof)- but I don't think my wife would be impressed with a set of restaurant-grade pots and pans- it's still diamonds for her (it's a good thing I'm always broke because I bought trains :D ).

Geno
  9. vbkostur

vbkostur New Member

my dockside

i got this little engine for under $100. 1st engine i bought that was made in the last 20 years.
    wow. this thing is strong for a little guy. heck, i bet it is stronger than my magnetraction blue comet or chicago alton hudsons! FANTASTIC PURCHASE.

Attached Files:

10. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

well i have a dockside switcher on its way, should be here next week sometime. i paid 60.00 for mine new, plus the shipping.
  11. Cannonball

Is it just me or do the goofy little engineers Lionel puts in it's trains now bug anybody else?
  12. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

well the pic of them i like,, have to see what they look like when i get mine in the mail.

13. vbkostur

vbkostur New Member

good deal

if you know where i could get another for $60 please let me know.
  14. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

theres 4 or 5 on ebay now, thats where i got mine,,, brand new in box. some roadnames get bid up more then others.

15. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

16. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

just got mine today,, i like it.
  17. Cannonball

Glad to hear you're diggin' some of the new stuff as well as the old. ;)
  18. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i dont like the fact that the couplers are plastic tho, same with my PE engine. all the new stuff come with plastic?
  19. Cannonball

I can deal with plastic couplers as long as they are working couplers.
    I have a couple of Lionel cars that are only molded plastic and don't open or close.
    Gotta get those upgraded soon.
    I'm really suprised the ones on the PE are plastic, though.