Do You........

What do you use?

• DCC - and I wouldn't change it for anything!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cab control and proud of it

• none, I push my trains by hand, yuk yuk yuk!

• Total voters

jdscales040

Sep 6, 2004
Wind Gap, PA
www.angelfire.com
DCC all the way. When I started the new railroad I installed 18 gauge buses just in case. About 5 weeks ago I bought a Prodigy on E-Bay. Its great and easy to use. I'll never go back to DC.
My railroad is small. Its an 8' X 6' X 12' shelf type switching railroad and although I operate by myself, I do have a few people over now and then. It would be a nightmare to run if it was DC with blocks. It's neat to pull a cut of cars out of a siding, then have another loco come out and couple up to the other end and not have to worry which block to turn on or off.
Next.... Sound!
John D.:thumb:

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
G`day,
I use DC as I have never used anthing else, or even seen any other method, have herd of DCC , but dont realy know what it is. But if it is what I think it is, the the cost over here will knock me out of the ball park, throtle`s start around $250.00 each. Iwould need 4 posaibley 5 as my feather river lay out has two main, two storage yards(but to look at the layout one would think, it only had one, but it feeds the west form the east(back 1/2 of board) and the west is fed by the east(front of the board),after one or more curcits if you know what I mean . It also has a small fiddle yard and 2 independently operated industries. sounds copplecated but runs quite smoothly with 4 operators.. not much sceanic`s yet, have started on the lower part of the mountain,(still in concret grey plastercolour)and the river bed.

Before anyone jumps on me about the double main, I know the Feather River RR is only single main track, but thats what modling is all about, and I when I started the layout I only had a very old scratchy vidio(picked up at the T&T market, that showed some sections as double track, and not much more information has been available.hope to get more info and see what other misstakes I`ve made.

Have a good one.... Steve

CN1 said:
DCC

It's what brought me back in the hobby. Without DCC I wouldn't be here.

DC Block was fine but DCC is sooo much better, it's not a step forward it a leap!!

Ditto! :thumb: A DCC was one of the first things I purchased for about $200 for an Atlas Commander and one HandCommand. I don't have any $200 locos or any other expensive equipment. I figure that DCC, including decoders and A/R units, etc. is about 10% of my "investment" so far and that ratio is dropping as the layout progresses.