Do you provide...

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
I was contemplating having a designated night when the guys can get together and run trains, build scenery, and b.s.

Do you guys that have nights like this provide a seperate room / activity for kids? Or is it understood that kids should not be brought?

Your thoughts..

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
All the operating sessions we have around here I understand are for the "big kids" only. Having said that, if you have more operators than operations, you will need some sort of "crew lounge" to keep the guys (and girls) from wandering through the house and emptying your fridge, beer, snack cupboard, etc.

You could also run videos, provide work space for (small) projects, etc.

I guess if you want to apply this to real kids, you'll have to designate a "sitter". Come to think of it, this probably applies to the "big kids" too... ;)

Andrew

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
I belong to the Muskoka Model Railroad Club. We have a club room with 2 layouts, one HO and one N. Once a month we meet at a member's home to have a business meeting and home layout session.

Both at the club and at home, junior members (under 16) have to be accompanied by adults and the adult is to be responsible for the child.