Do You Model the Alaska RR?

riverotter

Midwest Alliance Rail Sys
Jun 9, 2005
Near Kansas City, MO
I just came back from a rail trip in Alaska. I saw so many modeling possibilities! I especially liked the frreight car barges I saw on the ocean part of the trip. I'd like to correspond with other HO modelers interested in the Alaska RR. Thanks!

Jan 12, 2006
Southern CA
A little bit - I bought one of the Bachmann McKinley Explorer sets as a kid, and I still have it as a someday superdetailing project. I've collected a bunch of reference pics over the years. I plan on building a diorama of the bridge at Hurrican Gulch and adjacent landscape to display it on.

DeckRoid

Apr 28, 2007
Caldwell, ID
One of our club members did the same thing on his return from AK. He does N scale and bought a bunch of Alaska engines and what not.

I must admit, I am currently at my photos of the First Lutheran Church in Ketchikan and thinking of dimensions for a scratch build.

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
They have some great looking diesels and passenger cars - you're right - there's some great modeling possibilities there! I wouldn't mind having one of the larger diesels running around my layout...just because.

csiguy

Jun 4, 2007
leechburg,pa.
does anyone on here model the alaska railroad? if so, id like very much to see some pics of it? its one of those roads that looks very interesting, but i dont know that much about it.