Do you like british steam locos?

Why me

If so you in for a real treat coming real soon on vidieo will be the new flying scotsman in its presvation state with german smoke deflector and it in it oridanal con plus the city of hereforshire and the arnesnal named after a football team and the earl of carnis and a small but cute smokey joe all just been DCC chiped ready for the vidieo coming out this weekend.mike:thumb:

shaygetz

I've always loved the colorful British steam. Wish I could afford to add one or two to my roster. I've always wanted a model of the "Duchess of Cornwall"...by golly that lavender would give me the run of the club layout. Those guys would faint dead away at the thought that a real locomotive would be that color.

toptrain1

Those streamlined A4s are very coll looking. I am a PRR CNJ modler living in New Jersey and I wish one of my lines had tested one of them so I could get one.
frank toptrain

toptrain1

Those streamlined A4s are very cool looking. I am a PRR, CNJ modler living in New Jersey and I wish one of my lines had tested one of them so I could get one. I my anyway and pull the Broadway Limited, or Blue Comet with it. So much for protytpe.
frank toptrain

Why me

There were: Ducesses of Abercorn; Atholl; Buccleuch; Devonshire; Gloucester; Hamilton; Kent; Montrose; Norfolk; Rutlend; Sutherland.

shaygetz

Why me said:
There were: Ducesses of Abercorn; Atholl; Buccleuch; Devonshire; Gloucester; Hamilton; Kent; Montrose; Norfolk; Rutlend; Sutherland.

Maybe I misread it, I do know it was pretty wild looking...at the time I was looking to buy one on Ebay, it was to be a thorn on the side of a modeler who objected to Thomas running the club layout on Open Houses...didn't like having a little blue toy running around his scenery. I figured having a real scale model of a lavender lokey would have him pass out.

Iron Goat

I fell in love with those beautiful British lokey's while based out of Mildenhall Air Base in 1959 & 60... and I stop dead in my tracks every time I see a photo of one (model or prototype...).

Bob

I'm not quite sure where Shaygetz gets (sorry...) the lavender from? Isn't lavender a pale shade of violet or purple? Post grouping (1922) companies were LMS (maroon red as in the ebay link) for express locos; or black; LNER: apple green;, Southern: mid green; GWR: brunswick green.
There were a range of strange colours (inc browns) in the pre-grouping companies; e.g. Blue for the Great Eastern and for the Caledonian, and so on, but I don't recall lavender.

Now, if Grouping had only produced a Scottish Railway Company (which it easily could have) they might have chosen heather purple for their livery....

absnut

Running a British steam train on your layout could be easily explained. Just before WWII, a British train toured the US and was marooned here for a while after war broke out. My fading memory says it was an LMS Coronation class 4-6-2. I'm sure I will be corrected if I am in error.:) I also believelater on an LNER A4 toured the country. (again, subject to correction) :D Both had their own trains of British rolling stock.

Dick

CRed

I think British steam engines are pretty cool looking,but I like the German ones better.

Chris

RobertInOntario

Why me said:
If so you in for a real treat coming real soon on vidieo will be the new flying scotsman in its presvation state with german smoke deflector and it in it oridanal con plus the city of hereforshire and the arnesnal named after a football team and the earl of carnis and a small but cute smokey joe all just been DCC chiped ready for the vidieo coming out this weekend.mike:thumb:

I REALLY REALLY like British steam, being a Canadian of British heritage and married to a Brit. My main layout is British and I'm trying to create the Somerset & Dorset line on my layout. Well, sort of, because I also like to run my City of London, Princess Elizabeth, Flying Scotman and B12!

I still like North American locos but, somehow, the British ones have more of a mystique! Plus, I'm fascinated by all things British.

I'm looking forward to those new videos. Do you know where I can buy them?

Take care,
Rob

RobertInOntario

There is one loco called the "Canadian Pacific" -- I think it's a Southern Region Merchant Navy Class. At the Mid-Hants Railway (www.watercressline.co.uk) in southern England, my family and I have ridden on a train hauled by this loco, much to our delight. Rob