Do you ever get tired of modeling trains?

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
There are occasions when I've had enough of insuring that all the measurements are correct, and that details are placed exactly where they should be, to be true to the prototype, or to prototype practices.
It's at times like these that I do a project that is pure imagination. Where there is no "prototype", or "prototype practice". A project that no one can "count the rivets" on, because, no one has ever "seen the rivets", to count them!
Here's a little diversion I took to cure the "rivet counting headaches". I grew this from various plastic kit parts, pill bottles, flash cubes, and "pantyhose eggs", the cockpit is made from a plastic shot glass.

Attachments

• starship1.jpg
    starship1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 207

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Whoa!!!!

and whoa again!!!!!!! This is what you do for a break?!! From worrying about measurements???!!!! Looks to me like there must have been a whole lot of measuring and fitting and super-careful modeling going on to get this awesome creation! I love it - ever consider building for the Star Wars folks? You could you know.

cheers
:D Val

C

Catt

Ya furrgot the Pizza Cutters.-------------- Oh it ain't N scale .:eek: :eek:

:D :D :D

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
What are ya doin' Pete!?! EVERYBODY knows that this class of star fighter was armed with 70 mm laser cannon and NOT the 55's you have there...sheesh!!! :D :D

Wow!!!! That is amazing!!!! I'll bet you had a great time conceptualizing the model and assembling parts that would work. What a creative and fun job of imagineering!

Ralph

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
So Pete...
You take a break from doing incredible modeling to....do incredible modeling!!??
That really is quite amazing! What an imagination you have!
I take it you're a sci-fi buff as well?