Do NOT block Ulster Ave.!

pdt

Sounds like a certain municipality needs to make some capital improvements to me! If the crew had violated the rules and been involved in some sort of accident, say hitting a gas tanker truck at that crossing or derailing an anhydrous tanker causing a serious problem, every single one of those unhappy people would have a different attitude. In the cases I've seen, where the railroad has seniority, the crossing and the expensive option of grade separation is not the railroad's problem. Maybe if large cities (like the Metrosprawl I live in) would focus on spending tax dollars where needed instead of giving the local football, basketball and hockey teams a free ride for twenty years, this wouldn't be an issue.

Now, if the positioning of the train could have been more "considerate" on the part of the railroad crew, shame on them. But if breaking a rule is required to accomodate those travelling across the railroad's property, forgetaboutit.

SD90

Great idea, I know in Calgary, you can't block a public crossing for more than 5 minutes. That wouldn't be too long in HO or N scale!