DNs USS Oregon?

cardfan

Here we are. Finally, all 4 of the 8 inch gun emplacements are finished. And another staircase. I am experimenting with the flagpoles and some of the boat davits. Sorry gang, but wire seems to be the best option.

More soon!

Glen

barry

Glen

Great looking model altogether we will let you off on the masts look forward toseeimg them done.

Good dramatic photographs

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Great photos, Glen!

Don't worry at all about using wire, sometimes that seems to be the only material that is thin enough yet strong enough to do the job.

Keep those photo updates a'comin'! :D

Jim

cardfan

Ok all of you photo junkies...

I was able to borrow a camera to take a better shot. Mine seems to want to stay in a different state. :cry:

I have done a bit more work on her since this shot. I finished the second funnel and the like. As you can tell, I have a short attention span and can get off track at the drop of a hat. I have done some of the rigging, this will surely be in the way of some of the parts left to go. I only have 60 or so tiny bits left!

Glen

Jim Krauzlis

Hi, Glen!
Nice photo of a great model! :D
Must be a real nice camera if you can't get it back. :lol:
Seriously, hope you do track it down and it is returned shortly so we can see a lot more photos.

I hear what you are saying about getting carried away; sometimes you can't help it, right? I just hope you don't run into any assembly problems, but I imagine it won't make further assembly impossible, maybe just a bit more challenging. :D

Thanks for the photo update!
Jim

cardfan

Here are a couple more pictures just for fun... :)

The first is the military mast and rigging, the second just another overall view.

Glen

Ajax

cardfan said:
Here are a couple more pictures just for fun... :)
Thanks for the high quality pics, Glen! That last one really shows off Oregon well. Best of luck with the remaining bits! :D

AJ

cardfan

Hi All!

Well, my camera is lost and must wait for the child to earn enough to replace it. However I have borrowed one to take some shots just to keep the juices flowing. Here is the first. I have to shrink the others but that will have to wait just a little while.

I have finished quite a few more deck parts, not much to go now! Sorry for the small size, the next ones will be better.

Glen

busyguy

Wow!

That looks GREAT! Once I finish Oslabya, I can see I'll have to order the Oregon. Beautiful job there cardfan. Thanks for the pictures.

Jim Krauzlis

Super shots, Glen! :D
She is looking so very good, I imagine there is only a little more to go?
Don't be shy to post a lot of photos, we all love her! :D
Jim

jrts

Hi Glen

What a work of art :shock:

Jims on the ball, more photos when you can.

Double the paper rounds for the camera that should do it :lol:

Great work mate.

Regards

Rob

Maria

Hello Cardfan,

You have built the ship very clean and nicely.
To me likes very much.

With the best greetings
Maria

cardfan

Thank you all for your kind words! I will post more photos soon but the changes are really incramental. Such small parts don't seem to change things much. But I will keep at it.

Maria, I am very impressed with your work! Someday I would like to do something like that.

Steve, how are things on the hot side of the county? At least your ink dries faster than mine.

Glen

cardfan

Here we go kiddies! My wife, who is really, Really good to me, got a replacement camera so here is a test photo for quality control.

I will post more once I figure out how close I can get with it.

Glen