DNs USS Oregon?

cardfan

Jan 17, 2004
Alamo, CA
Hi all,

I would leave more pictures but I have run out of album space...

So, do I start a new album? I know that I can't delete any of the pictures that are there or they disappear from the thread.

Anyway, I have started to build the 6 pounders and they are coming out well.To finish out one of my earlier questions I have decided that I would just use skinny 8 in barrels for the 6 inch guns under the shelter deck. The instructions are a little vague in that area. Oh, and one of the large boat cranes is about finished.

More when I figure out what to do.

Glen

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
^ Have you tried the "Add an Attachment" button right above the "Preview" or "Submit" buttons in the "Post a Reply" window? I don't think there's a limit as to how many pics can be uploaded into threads by this method, as opposed to the 15 pic Album limit.

Not that I'm eager for new pics or anything. ;) :lol:

AJ

cardfan

Jan 17, 2004
Alamo, CA
Ok, I got rid of a photo or two.

Here is the crane, 6" gun barrels and a 6 pound gun.

More later... The wife has returned. :roll:

album_pic.php

Glen

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Glen

Can't fault that at all, love to watch this thread as I've never built the older class of ship!!

How did the wife get back in, no locks changed :shock: :lol:

Keep up the great work

Regards

Rob

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
The detail is quite striking, Glen. I love the look of the 6 pound gun and the crane. That midships area is going to look pretty full when you include the boats in there as well! :D

AJ

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Glen, you got quite a bit done without "She Who Must Be Obeyed" around. :lol:
As to posting pictures, when you post your next installment, try to click on the bottom of the Post a Reply page on the button that says "Add an Attachment". This effectively will upload a picture file from your computer right to the webpage. There are the usual size restrictions, but you already know about that from posting to your album.
I think that's how most others are doing it now, unless they have their own webpage space and can use the link method you were using before.
Hope this explanation is clear enough, but there are others following your thread that might be able to explain it better or answer any questions you may have.
Hey, we'll do what's necessary to get more of these great pictures of your most excellent build! :D
Great job!
Jim

cardfan

Jan 17, 2004
Alamo, CA
Here is what I got done last night.

album_pic.php

I was able to complete one of the steam launches. And a whole bunch of 6 pound guns. There is even one of the large stair cases finished. Man some of these parts are tiny.

Once again, I hope to improve picture quality if my camera ever comes home. The child arrived without it. :evil:

Glen

cardfan

Jan 17, 2004
Alamo, CA
Testing for adding an attachment to save on space...

Those stairs were driving me nuts. But, I do like the result.

It worked, so your in trouble now. :)

Glen

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
Great to see you got the attachment function working; let the deluge begin! :D And Oregon's just bristling with those 6 pound guns now! It's a pleasure to check in and see your latest updates.

AJ

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Hi, Glen! :D
The ladder/gangway came out great!!
And the photo attachment worked well too!
Only thing I keep forgetting about the attachment is the restriction on the file size, but once you get the knack of it, well, there you are. :D
Keep those updated photos coming, we love them!!
Jim

cardfan

Jan 17, 2004
Alamo, CA
Thanks everyone!

On the bright side, I finally get to use that photo editing program that has been taking up space for so long.

Now to find a 45 star flag in 1:250...

Glen

cardfan

Jan 17, 2004
Alamo, CA
Thank you Jim.

I haven't gotten to the flag pole done yet. Still trying to find a suitable material for those items. There are also boat davits and a mast or two to work with.

As far as the flag goes, I don't think anyone else may have noticed it, but I would know it was there.

cardfan

Jan 17, 2004
Alamo, CA
Here we are folks.

I put the military mast together today. This thing was so much fun. I put the antenna on and realized that I hadn't put any of the "crow's nests" on. I hate it when I get ahead of myself.

Anyway here it is. I have also been finishing deck stuff, just to keep me sane. (Please excuse my lack of nomenclature for things naval, I don't know much about ships. Just love the way they look!)

Mark, I hope the wedding goes well! Don't forget how much fun it is to pick on Son-in laws on holidays.

Glen

cardfan

Jan 17, 2004
Alamo, CA
Hello all!

It has been quite a while, but my loving wife has had me very busy. Since it is my birthday I have been given time to work on Oregon. I have finished more of the deck equipment. In the first photo there are more of the smaller bits that take quite a bit of eye strain to complete. In the next photo you can see the anchor cranes and a large electric motor. It is all very calming though, lets me go off to a quiet place. Funny, that. :)

More soon!

Glen

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Great photo update, Glen! :D
Very nice and clean work, she's coming along wonderfully.
Happy Birthday!! I hope this doesn't mean it will be a whole year before you are able to do more on her. :lol:
Would you pass on a big thanks to She Who Must Be Obeyed from the rest of us for allowing this great update?
Seriously, she is coming along great and I look forward to more update photos! :D
Jim

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Glen

We all need a favour, can you do somthing to get grounded so we get more of the build :lol:

Well worth the visit to the site just for this alone, very clean well built ship.

Always more please

Regards

Rob