DN New Year's Resolutions

DN

Jun 12, 2004
New York
www.digitalnavy.com
1. Finish Arizona of course.
Progress is being made and here are first boats to be shipped.
arizboat1.jpg

arizboat2.jpg

2. Free download - I do have a candidate, but it's a secret for now 8)

3. Destroyers are cool - I need one.
So I tested some new techniques on this hull - printed on Epson Matte Paper Heavyweight. Great colors and resolution. Adequate thickness - at least for this 1:200 destroyer. Hull sides and bottom plating connected with butt joint - no overlap. Deck with camber. I'm satisfied with the result so far.

flet9.jpg

flet4sm.jpg

flet5sm.jpg

flet6sm.jpg

flet10sm.jpg

And now it is time to sign off for this year and have a drink - cheers. :p

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Awesome stuff, Roman!! I love the look of Fletcher!! Can't wait for more news on that and the new Arizona!

My resolutions?

1. Finish Constitution...and begin another model! :D

2. Quit smoking...not necessarily condusive with the first, particularly the rigging parts. :lol:

3. Spend as much time as I can modeling, family relations dependant, of course...something I have started since the holidays...that's an easy one!

4. Learn more computer graphics so I can make a mess at trying to design a paper model.
(I have no idea how to start this one, but I've got the whole year to figure it out...I'd love to design a merchant ship model, like a container ship or maybe (and this is the real reach) a LASH ship...it's just so difficult to get the information for the under water hull shape together (one advantage, at least as to the container ship, is my job entails getting ship plans in the cases I am working on, and I just got a nice set of general arrangement plans for a Maersk/SeaLand ship!).

There are more, but first I need a drink... :lol:

Cheers!

Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Yes please Roman.

Resolutions it's far too late in life to bother I would break them all anyway.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

barry

Gil

Jan 25, 2004
Northern Bear Flag Republic
Roman,

Beautiful work on the Fletcher Class and you made a New Years Resolution regarding the Arizona...., now I'm worried...,

Best regards, Gil

P.S. Santa dropped a host of all new computer systems on our house and I'm still dealing with uSoft OSs from Win 95 through Win XP Pro...., I have learned much unfortunately. Hopefully I've got enough performance now to finish a few items that have been on hold a bit too long....,

fishotter

Dec 7, 2004
:D Yay! A good Fletcher Class at last! I tried building Modelik "USS Leutze", but it's such a complete mess, I gave up quickly. A pity really, I liked its camo a lot, but even that isn't entirely correct on that model. But perhaps it would be possible for DN to do alternative camo schemes? Perhaps even variants in armament, so the buyer could choose from a large number of vessels to build? Actually I was wondering whether that might be possible for the "Arizona" as well, to include an option to build the "Pennsylvania" instead? In my opinion the latter would be the more interesting ship since she had a real combat career for the duration of the entire war...

R

rickstef

for those in the US, and able to get home in time

the History Channel, their show Modern Marvels

will be showing a whole show on the Fletcher class destroyers

airing at 6pm EST, check your local listings for times in your time zone.

Rick

Atomsk

Apr 30, 2004
Plano, TX
www.banksofthesusquehanna.com
Actually Rick, it's not an MM episode. It's a special called "The Destroyer".

I looked to see if it was repeated a bazillion times, like HC is wont to do, but the last listed showing is at 5:00 PM today, central time.

Looks like I'll have to cut out of work 10 minutes early.

Roman:

Can't you hear that chanting...

"Fleeeecher, Fleeeecher, Fleeeecher, Fleeeecher, Fleeeecher"

Okay, it's probably just me, and you progbably can't hear me way up in "The Big Squishy Banana", but there is chanting, none the less.

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Roman

As long as my Fletcher is in the post tomorrow, take as long as you want :lol: :lol:

It is needed.

I have just finished modelik's USS Leutze and it has So many errors :shock: its only good for a kit bash

Reagrds

Rob

Gil

Jan 25, 2004
Northern Bear Flag Republic
Roman,

Don't listen to Rob. See, he's already complaining about errors. Just think what he'll be like if you let him get his greedy paws on a Fletch. Now be a good chap and keep your Resolution Oaths. Your entire honor is now riding on it and we are watching.

Kidding aside, you've gone and put yourself in a spot but it is fufilling the advertising and public relations niche nicely. Keep the tension high in preparation for the next release..., nice show and I'm taking notes.

Best regards, Gil