DKM Bismarck Picture Sites?

RichBohlman

Railroad Card Modaler
Anyone know of any sites/modelers showing pictures of the DKM Bismarck paper model under construction?

I have already done a web search and have not found to much information.

JRSeese

After the first couple pages my jaw unhinged. What an extraordinary model. The level of detail is not to be believed.

Were those photo etched parts sheets I saw on the first page?
Where would you get models in this line currently?
Rich, are you thinking of building this work of art?

Josh
P.S. Ye Gods I wish I understood Polish!

RichBohlman

Railroad Card Modaler
I just received my copy of HALINSKI's BISMARCK this week.

I'm a 911 dispatcher and working this weekend BUT plan on laying down her keel this coming Monday :D

rkelterer

josh:

I own the HMV Bismark (1:250, but it's still flat, without the photo etched parts). It's a very impressive kit, lot of parts, a lot of very small parts. I would say it marks the end of buildable paper models. you may compare it with the halinski jeep carrier USS Gambier Bay, although the scale is 1:200 (you may build 25% smaller parts having the same physical dimensions :lol: )

try to contact www.moduni.de (the original publisher) to get the kit.

cheers,
raimund

cadwal

JRSeese said:
Were those photo etched parts sheets I saw on the first page?
Where would you get models in this line currently?

(edit: raimund was faster)

That is HMV:s version of Bismarck by Peter Brandt. More than 7000 parts and the photo etched parts set is another 2500 pieces.

http://www.moduni.com is the homepage of the store owned by the same people that is behind HMV-verlag.

Cap Arcona is available in the same series, but according to the review on http://www.cardmodelers.org it has some errors.

Scorpio

Hello Jrseese,

That you none Polish understands, no problem is
I am the one of that that Bismarck builds
I answer everyone your question!

cheers,
Scorpio

JRSeese

Thanks Scorpio! I won't be building it anytime soon, I've got a lot to learn before I tackle a kit like that. I would love to have it just to gaze lovingly at the uncut pages though...

Really I wished I could understand Polish so that I could understand the post on the website that was referenced, the pictures were very very nice but I'm sure the comments that went with them were also entertaining and educational -

Regards,

Josh

charliec

There is a machine translation site for Polish to English (www.poltran.com).
It's limited to short texts but seems as good as Babelfish. That is - don't expect good English to appear - but you may get the general sense of the text.

Regards,

Charlie

wunwinglow

IMtranslator plug-in for Internet Explorer is good: http://plugin.imtranslator.com/

I'm using it on some Russian navy texts, and while it is confused by some technical terms, you can get the sense of what is written. Works in a variety of languages including Polish, Russian etc.

Tim

Scorpio

Hello,
I still have a lot of original photos of the ship
if somebody has interest, I send the pictures by e-mail

Sincerely yours
Scorpio

jrts

:?:
Does anyone know of a dealer who sells the HMV kit and takes Pay Pal payments?
This is not a model, its a work of art!
Gives us all something to aim for in my dreams :wink:

Regards

Rob

wunwinglow

jrts said:
:?:
Does anyone know of a dealer who sells the HMV kit and takes Pay Pal payments?
This is not a model, its a work of art!
Gives us all something to aim for in my dreams :wink:

Regards

Rob

NNNOOOOO! Don't put information like that in front of me!!! Have you no mercy??!!! Oh my poor Paypal account!!!

Tim

barry

Rob

try http://moduni.com

They are in Hamburg they appear to be the main dealer for hmv kits, it will probably cost about 10 euros to ship it price of kit is around 50 euro without the photo etch

Sorry Tim !!!! :cry:

barry

Terms and conditions

EU foreign country, Liechtenstein? Switzerland: from a goods value of 125 Euros we deliver free of forwarding expenses. For orders with lower goods value we calculate for a postage-all-inclusive and for packaging-all-inclusive of 8.90 Euros. The payment occurs either about credit card (Visa/Diners/Master/Euro) or cash on delivery (plus of a COD charge of 3.60 Euros and the post-usual paying-in form fee of the respective purpose land). Unfortunately, in the following countries no cash on delivery is possible: Greece, Great Britain, Ireland? The Netherlands.

j77ason

Hi,
I built the Supermodel 1/200 model of the Bismarck - talk about a walking nightmare - it took me 18 months, but it was worth it.
That is for static scale or radio control, built my way
I don't suppose any Supermodel kits are out there anymore, but if I was going to challenge myself Supermodel is the way I'd go.
Pix soon here
J77ason

lgl007

j77ason,

You gotta post some pics of your build mate... I'd love to see the outcome especially since I'm building the Halinski Bismarck even as we speak :)

-Greg