District 9 Assault Rifle

Hardwalker

Hi!

This is my very first post on this forum (but I was a long time reader before).

When I watched 'District 9' for the first time, I was heavily influenced with that movie. So, I decided to make something that would remind me about it.

This model is made in 1:6 scale, build from scratch (i.e. without 3D model unfolding/texturing/printing).

p.s. Sorry if this post is in wrong place.
p.p.s. Sorry about my English.

Attachments

• p01.jpg
    p01.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 16
  • p02.jpg
    p02.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 10
  • p03.jpg
    p03.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 6
  • p04.jpg
    p04.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 9

Hardwalker

blaar thanks for the link!

This model is nice all around, but still has some in-accuracies. I'm not talking about details but rather about common proportions (comparing to official figure):

d9_exosuit_comp.jpg

Model has a bit smaller feet, less massive legs, a bit shorter lower arms and a bit longer upper arms. Its' back is much taller. If you see closer to figure photo, you'll be able to see some kind of 'spinal column' (right under the body's back) - model doesn't have it (so whole spine isn't right).

When I tried to create my own mesh, I just exploded my head sign1 trying to bind side view and front view of body. This (seemingly simple) thing have quite hard-to-reconstruct shape :)

But thanks for help once again! It's a good point to start anyway!

oriod01

Nov 16, 2009
Impressive... scratch-build to boot! Very nice. I loved all the designs from this film. Still have my fingers crossed for a detailed Exo Suit and Dropship.

P.S. Your English is great.