Display Stands

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by filton002, Aug 21, 2005.

1. filton002

filton002 New Member

Hi new to cardmodels and have just finished my first model cessna 172, could someone tell me where i could download a suitable stand for it.....thanks
  2. filton002

filton002 New Member

Hi new to cardmodels and have just finished my first model cessna 172, could someone tell me where i could download a suitable stand for it.....thanks
  3. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy filton002,

welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you here. Ok, now I have built this Cessna 172 skyhawk model found here : http://www.tzs.si/revija_tim/1999_2000/Cessna_172/Cessna.htm
    Its a great model once completed. I have even done a redraw of it in USAF markings for the wings of horus competition that is going on now, I hope I finish it in time. Back when I was building alot of plastic models, I would build my own stands using a six by ten inch piece of plywood covered by railroad modeling grass. If I wanted the plane to appear to be flying, I would use a long piece of coat hanger wire that had been straightened, then glued into a hole in the plywood. The other end was inserted into a small hole in the bottom of the model. I still use this set up for some paper models.
    The batteries are down on my camera right now or I would show a pic of the stand below, but i can show you a drawing anyway. The model of the plane is there also.

again welcome to the forum, hope to see more postings by you,

Greg aka GW
  4. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy filton002,

welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you here. Ok, now I have built this Cessna 172 skyhawk model found here : http://www.tzs.si/revija_tim/1999_2000/Cessna_172/Cessna.htm
    Its a great model once completed. I have even done a redraw of it in USAF markings for the wings of horus competition that is going on now, I hope I finish it in time. Back when I was building alot of plastic models, I would build my own stands using a six by ten inch piece of plywood covered by railroad modeling grass. If I wanted the plane to appear to be flying, I would use a long piece of coat hanger wire that had been straightened, then glued into a hole in the plywood. The other end was inserted into a small hole in the bottom of the model. I still use this set up for some paper models.
    The batteries are down on my camera right now or I would show a pic of the stand below, but i can show you a drawing anyway. The model of the plane is there also.

again welcome to the forum, hope to see more postings by you,

Greg aka GW
  5. filton002

filton002 New Member

Thanks for the welcom GW , I will certainly use your coat hanger idea, in the mean time I remember seeing a downloadable paper/card stand but where ? just cant remember any idea.
  6. filton002

filton002 New Member

Thanks for the welcom GW , I will certainly use your coat hanger idea, in the mean time I remember seeing a downloadable paper/card stand but where ? just cant remember any idea.
  7. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy again filton002,

Ok, yes there are some downloadable stands out there, you can find one here:

http://digilander.libero.it/zioprudenzio/fok-air.html

****EDIT*** here is the direct link to the stand mentioned above:
    http://digilander.libero.it/zioprudenzio/stand.jpg
    at the bottom of the page. depending on what size model, you can enlarge or shrink as needed.

if that doesnt work, try www.fiddlersgreen.net

hope that helps, have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  8. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy again filton002,

Ok, yes there are some downloadable stands out there, you can find one here:

http://digilander.libero.it/zioprudenzio/fok-air.html

****EDIT*** here is the direct link to the stand mentioned above:
    http://digilander.libero.it/zioprudenzio/stand.jpg
    at the bottom of the page. depending on what size model, you can enlarge or shrink as needed.

if that doesnt work, try www.fiddlersgreen.net

hope that helps, have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  9. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Filton002, your handle is intriguing! My father worked on all of 'them' from 001 to 216, and since he retired, has spent some time as guide on 216. I live right under the approach to EGTG, and saw 216 arrive on her final flight. Maybe you did too?

Of course, I could have got this entirely wrong, in which case this will all be jibberish!!

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

Tim P
  10. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Filton002, your handle is intriguing! My father worked on all of 'them' from 001 to 216, and since he retired, has spent some time as guide on 216. I live right under the approach to EGTG, and saw 216 arrive on her final flight. Maybe you did too?

Of course, I could have got this entirely wrong, in which case this will all be jibberish!!

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

Tim P