Disney Pixar's CARS

TheWebdude

Just a Member
May 18, 2004
Banks of The Ohio, KY Flavor
kickme.to
stagecoach said:
Hi Rick,
Well here is my first completed model in beta format. I only came out with 2 pieces left over. I think they belonged with undercarriage but can't be certain.
Of course I had to make a greater support frame for the undercarriage after all my model is about 10 inches long. No glue tabs, wheelbase didn't line up to close to body. other than that, great model.
I'm half done with guido. My next build will be Sarge.
Thanks Rick great work for a BETA.
John

John,
Looks good to me!!

TheWebdude

Just a Member
May 18, 2004
kickme.to
stagecoach said:
Hi Rick,
Well here is my first completed model in beta format. I only came out with 2 pieces left over. I think they belonged with undercarriage but can't be certain.
Of course I had to make a greater support frame for the undercarriage after all my model is about 10 inches long. No glue tabs, wheelbase didn't line up to close to body. other than that, great model.
I'm half done with guido. My next build will be Sarge.
Thanks Rick great work for a BETA.
John

John,
Looks good to me!!

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
The towtruck is hilarious.

I think I would actually paper model the lips and teeth.

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006

TheWebdude

Just a Member
May 18, 2004
kickme.to
Stev0 said:

I'm glad you like it! I debated modeling lips and teeth but decided against it:

1. I'll continually state the desired level of simplicity for these and after creating a bed interior, basic boom details, rudimentary engine compartment and stylized engine I felt I was way past the simple kit I hoped for. It's by far going to be the most difficult and time consuming of the set to build and I don't anticipate that changing.

2. If I model the mouth for one I'd have to do it for all of them (It's just how I am)

Of course if you design yourself a 3D mouth for it I'd love to see a photo of the finished model!

TheWebdude

Just a Member
May 18, 2004
kickme.to
Stev0 said:

I'm glad you like it! I debated modeling lips and teeth but decided against it:

1. I'll continually state the desired level of simplicity for these and after creating a bed interior, basic boom details, rudimentary engine compartment and stylized engine I felt I was way past the simple kit I hoped for. It's by far going to be the most difficult and time consuming of the set to build and I don't anticipate that changing.

2. If I model the mouth for one I'd have to do it for all of them (It's just how I am)

Of course if you design yourself a 3D mouth for it I'd love to see a photo of the finished model!

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
TheWebdude said:
I'm glad you like it! I debated modeling lips and teeth but decided against it!

If and when they get released. If I do it. I shunt you the files for those who choose to go the extra. :twisted:

I read the 3D Modeler magazine article about cars and that they decided to create the car's face on the whole car instead of the usual grill. The rear tire is where the neck would be. The eyes were the easiest to animate and the the only tough time they had was the eyelids.

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
TheWebdude said:
I'm glad you like it! I debated modeling lips and teeth but decided against it!

If and when they get released. If I do it. I shunt you the files for those who choose to go the extra. :twisted:

I read the 3D Modeler magazine article about cars and that they decided to create the car's face on the whole car instead of the usual grill. The rear tire is where the neck would be. The eyes were the easiest to animate and the the only tough time they had was the eyelids.

allhallowseve

Jul 13, 2005
they look more Cars in a junkyard !!! but they comig a long :) and there 3 more to print out

there go the ink !!!!

Attachments

• cars.JPG
    cars.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 465

stagecoach

Aug 24, 2006
New Hampshire
johns-shipyard.tripod.com
beta built Sarge

following files showing my build all done.:roll:
undercarriage to short to make wheel well for rear wheel.
everything else worked great. I think you excelled on this model.
Almost like you had a jeep in the past.:wink:
Now to finish Guido before continuing on to Mack and beyond.8)
Notice to the person with the new junkyard. You got to form the hood on Sarge with the sides rounded. The real jeep had a clip mounted to the fender to hold down the lid.
See I remember when I drove one too.:)

Attachments

• sargebeta-2.jpg
    sargebeta-2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 152
  • sargebeta-1.jpg
    sargebeta-1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 191

stagecoach

Aug 24, 2006
New Hampshire
johns-shipyard.tripod.com
beta built Sarge

following files showing my build all done.:roll:
undercarriage to short to make wheel well for rear wheel.
everything else worked great. I think you excelled on this model.
Almost like you had a jeep in the past.:wink:
Now to finish Guido before continuing on to Mack and beyond.8)
Notice to the person with the new junkyard. You got to form the hood on Sarge with the sides rounded. The real jeep had a clip mounted to the fender to hold down the lid.
See I remember when I drove one too.:)