Disney collectible

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
While in Disneyland this last week, I came across a diorama collectible in the Wild World of Disney store. The one in particular that I really liked was the Main Street train station you see as you enter the park. The diorama was very well done and also very expensive. On the website, it is going for $245 but in the store I thought it was selling for less than that. Anyways, you press down on the fire hydrant and there are all kinds of lights (battery powered) that come on all over the diorama. There are even posters inside of the underpass. It reminded me a lot of the David Winters cottages or the Lilliput Lane ceramic collections. It is also conveniently scaled to N scale and the fake track is removable so that you can lay your own electrical track across the front and work this into your layout. They also sell a Bachman Disney train that goes along with it. Evidently eventually, they are going to have many more pieces that interlock forming a bigger picture of Disneyland. I drooled on this one for quite a while but I could not stomach the high price. Also, I found a link for it if anyone is interested... http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DSIProductDisplay?catalogId=10002&storeId=10051&productId=1189017&langId=-1&categoryId=13498

Attachments

• Disney Main Street station.jpg
    Disney Main Street station.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 117

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Hey, that is cool!!

You know what is even better, my grandma works at diseyland in the stores, maybe she can get me one. :D :D :D :D

It looks pretty cool and I used to ride that train at least 20 times a week when I was little, my grandma would take me there and we would spend the day riding the train and the mono rail. I even have been up front with the engineers on the steam trains. Good memories.

Thanks for the link too!!:thumb: :D :D

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
You know I was kind of disappointed in the Disney trains this trip. The mono rail was down for maintenance all week, the trolley in Toon Town was not running either, and the trolley down main street was also not operational. On the flip side, the lines were minimal (5 minutes or less) and there was hardly anybody there. We were on the train that travels the perimeter of the park and for some reason we had to stop just as the engine entered the tunnel portion around by the Grand Canyon/Dinosaur area. Don't know why we stopped but then we had to back up because of it. I asked one of the conductors (a very cute one at that) why we had to back up and she told me that they had to shut the fire off through the tunnel because of the smoke detectors. We were backing up so they could re light the fire and then proceed through the tunnel to Main Street station. I dunno. It just did not make any sense to me.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
The mono rail is down because of the new finding nemo ride that they are putting in were the submerinies used to be. It will not be running till sometime in January. And the Matterhorn is also closed till sometime around there because of maintance, it has been closed for a few months now :cry: .

The trolley in toon town is no longer operational because there were to many close calls with almost running people over. As for the trolley that goes down main street, the horses only come out about once a week and there for the trolley only runs when the horses out.

I love going to disneyland and my favorite ride is the Thunder Mountain Railroad. I also like California Screamin' in California Adventures. I can get into the park for free anytime and bring 2 other people with me so I go alot :D :D :D :D :D

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
TruckLover said:
The trolley in toon town is no longer operational because there were to many close calls with almost running people over....I also like California Screamin' in California Adventures.
Yep, we were on one of the fire trucks cruising down Main Street and almost ran over Jack Sparrow (who was totally not paying attention!). Also yep, California Screamin' was pretty intense. Nice 'n smooth. If you like that one, you need to visit Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio sometime. No doubt, you've also been on the Xcelerator at Knotts? Fun ride. I couldn't believe the amount of people chickening out every time after the bars had been dropped.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
TrainNut said:
Yep, we were on one of the fire trucks cruising down Main Street and almost ran over Jack Sparrow (who was totally not paying attention!). Also yep, California Screamin' was pretty intense. Nice 'n smooth. If you like that one, you need to visit Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio sometime. No doubt, you've also been on the Xcelerator at Knotts? Fun ride. I couldn't believe the amount of people chickening out every time after the bars had been dropped.

Hahaha, silly Jack

If Im ever over there in Ohio, Ill make sure to go there. Yes, Ive been on Xcelerator but only once. That one was a little to much for me:eek:ops: but hey, at least I didn't chicken out when I got on it. My favorite rides at Knott's are Ghost Rider and Silver Bullet.